Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Dodge Team Facts: * My Hometown: This weekend of NASCAR racing in the Atlanta, Ga., area will be a type of homecoming for Reed Sorenson, who hails from Peachtree City, Ga. Atlanta Motor ...
Reed Sorenson and the No. 41 Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Dodge Team Facts:
* My Hometown: This weekend of NASCAR racing in the Atlanta, Ga., area will be a type of homecoming for Reed Sorenson, who hails from Peachtree City, Ga. Atlanta Motor Speedway also is the site of Sorenson's first NEXTEL Cup Series start, which was the 2005 October race. Sorenson started the event 22nd and finished 41st after an accident took him out of contention on lap 133 of 325.
* More Than One Calls Georgia Home ... In addition to Sorenson's Georgia roots, two other team members on the No. 41 Wrigley's Juicy Fruit team were born and raised in the Peach State. A long-time friend of Sorenson's, Shane Bourgeois, is also from Peachtree. Bourgeois grew up racing with Sorenson before moving to North Carolina to work in NASCAR. Brian Taylor, the front mechanic on the No. 41 team, is also a Georgia native. He grew up in Cuthbert.
* Hometown First: Sorenson recorded his first career NEXTEL Cup Series top 10 in just his sixth career start in the Golden Corral 500 at AMS on March 20, 2006. He started the event in 15th and rallied from as far back as 30th to bring home a 10th-place finish at his hometown track.
* Chassis: Chassis #656 will make its second career run this upcoming weekend in Saturday's Busch Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It is a new car that the Wrigley's Juicy Fruit team entered in the Busch race at California Speedway just a few weeks ago. The California race started with Sorenson and team making an impressive drive from a top-20 start to a top-10 run, but a faulty transmission sent them behind the wall for repairs and into an unrecoverable lap deficit. They finished 36th.
Juan Pablo Montoya and the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Team Facts:
* Atlanta Motor Speedway Debut: Juan Pablo Montoya will once again be making a career first this weekend. Montoya has never run at the 1.54-mile Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS). He will turn laps on the track for the first time on Friday when his No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Busch Series Dodge takes to the track at 10:40 a.m.
* Rookie Race: Montoya now stands second, with a total of 44 points, in the Raybestos Rookie standings. Marc Ambrose, with a current tally of 46, took over the lead this past weekend in Nevada, but is only two steps ahead of the Colombian native going into Atlanta.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Brad Parrot and the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #653 to Atlanta this weekend. Montoya most recently drove the chassis to a 28th-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway last November. The car has only been entered in one other race--at Phoenix International Raceway--in April 2006, when Parrot teamed up with Casey Mears for a second time to score an eighth-place finish at the Arizona track.