* Kahne returns to the seat of the No. 38 Great Clips Camry... This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS), Kahne will compete in his second of eight scheduled races for Braun Racing in the No. 38 entry in 2010. Kahne drove the No. 38 Great Clips...
* Kahne returns to the seat of the No. 38 Great Clips Camry... This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway (BMS), Kahne will compete in his second of eight scheduled races for Braun Racing in the No. 38 entry in 2010. Kahne drove the No. 38 Great Clips machine for three seasons for team owner, Doug Stringer, under the Akins Motorsports banner.
* Kahne brought Great Clips their first win! From 2003-2005, Kahne and his sponsor, Great Clips, Inc., reached momentous milestones together, including Kahne capturing his first career Nationwide Series victory in 2003 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. It was also Great Clips' first win as a primary sponsor in the series.
* Who's on the pit box? Stewart Cooper will call the shots for Kahne and serve as crew chief for the No. 38 Great Clips team in the eight races that Kahne is behind the wheel.
* Kahne is a previous winner at Bristol Motor Speedway... In the fall, 2008 event at BMS, Kahne and his current Braun Racing teammate, Jason Leffler battled it out in the closing laps with Kahne coming out on top to capture his first Nationwide Series victory at the half-mile track. In a total of 11 NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at BMS, Kahne has accumulated three top-five finishes and has led for 109 laps.
Kahne on the challenges of racing at "The World's Fastest Half Mile"
Due to how tight the track is, in addition to the steep banking, it's really easy to lose speed there. Passing can be pretty difficult at times. A good handling car is important at a short-track like Bristol. You really have to work in practice to get the car where you want it for the race. Staying out of trouble is the key. I've been involved in accidents running in the back and I've gotten into accidents while running up front. Trouble can find you anywhere on this track, so that's probably the biggest challenge when you go into a race at Bristol."
The No. 38 Great Clips team will hit the track with chassis #033 in this weekend's Food City 300. This is the same chassis Kahne piloted in last fall's event at Bristol under the Braun Racing banner. Nicknamed "Golden Child," this is the same chassis Kyle Busch drove to victory lane at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the spring of 2008.
-source: braun racing