* Kahne back in the seat of the No. 38 Great Clips Camry at Bristol... This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, Kahne will make his sixth start of the season for Braun Racing in the No. 38 entry. In five races for the team, Kahne has one...
* Kahne back in the seat of the No. 38 Great Clips Camry at Bristol... This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, Kahne will make his sixth start of the season for Braun Racing in the No. 38 entry. In five races for the team, Kahne has one top-five and two top-10 finishes with 55 laps led. Kahne drove the No. 38 Great Clips machine for three seasons for team owner, Doug Stringer, under the Akins Motorsports banner.
* Kahne no stranger to victory lane at Bristol... In 12 NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, Kahne has one win, three top-five and three top-10 finishes to his credit. He had led a cumulative 131 laps at the famed half-mile track and has an average start of 13.3 and an average finish of 19.5. In the fall of 2007, Kahne fended off Braun Racing teammate, Jason Leffler, to bring home the winner's trophy.
* Next up for Kahne... Kahne's next race behind the wheel of the No. 38 Great Clips Camry will be in two weeks at Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Great Clips 300.
* Who's on the pit box? Stewart Cooper will call the shots for Kahne and serve as crew chief for the No. 38 Great Clips team in the eight races that he is behind the wheel.
* Kahne brought Great Clips their first win! From 2003-2005, Kahne and his sponsor, Great Clips, Inc., reached momentous milestones together, including Kahne capturing his first career Nationwide Series victory in 2003 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. It was also Great Clips' first win as a primary sponsor in the series.
* Did you know? Great Clips is the longest-running sponsor in the Nationwide Series...Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc. came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder. Kasey Kahne drove the car from 2003-2005, before Leffler took over the wheel in 2006.
Kahne on racing at "The World's Fastest Half-Mile"
"Racing under the lights at Bristol makes for some of the best racing of the season. It's a lot of fun as a driver and the fans as well. I'm looking forward to getting back to racing with the No. 38 team this weekend. We have had some strong runs this season, qualifying up front and leading laps, we just haven't had the luck to go along with it. We had a great run here in the spring and I expect that the guys will unload another strong Great Clips Camry on Friday and hopefully give us a shot to contend for the win."
The No. 38 Great Clips team will hit the track with chassis #BR033 in this weekend's Food City 250 at Bristol Motor Speedway. This chassis last saw track time at Dover Int'l Speedway in June when Kahne finished 27th after being involved in a mid-race accident. Kahne also drove this chassis in the spring event at Bristol where he led for 22 laps before a crash cut his day short.
-source: braun racing