* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-022 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Atlanta Motor Speedway. PRS-022 last saw action at Michigan International ...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-022 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Atlanta Motor Speedway. PRS-022 last saw action at Michigan International Speedway in August. Allgaier led eight laps in route to a seventh-place finish.
* ROY Watch... Allgaier remains the leader in the Nationwide Series Rookie-Of-The-Year battle with nine races remaining on the 2009 schedule. The Riverton, Ill. native is currently 10 points ahead of Brendan Gaughan in the rookie standings after 25 of 34 events.
* Can You Hear Me Now... Allgaier will make a visit to the Verizon Wireless regional office in Alpharetta, Ga. on Wednesday, September 2. The rookie racer will visit with employees as well as sign autographs.
* Stop By... Allgaier will also visit the Verizon Wireless store in Griffin, Ga. on Friday, September 4 from 6-7 p.m. ET. The driver of the No. 12 car will meet with store employees and sign autographs for fans. The store is located at 1445 North Expressway in Griffin, Ga.
* Autographs Anyone... On Saturday, September 5, Allgaier will appear at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer beginning at 1:30 p.m. ET. The trailer is located behind the frontstretch grandstands at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* Getting Hitched... Verizon Wireless Dodge transport driver, Kory Smith, will be getting married this weekend in Brielle, N.J. He and his soon-to-be bride, Donna, will then head to Bermuda for a week of fun in the sun.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Atlanta Motor Speedway
"I am excited about this weekend. I have been going to Atlanta [Motor Speedway] since I was three years old with my mom and dad. I have been looking forward to this race for months. It is a track where there are multiple grooves and you can move around. We have had success this year at tracks where you can search for a line that is comfortable. If the car does not work on the bottom, you can move to the middle or the top. [Crew chief] Chad [Walter] has had a lot of success at Atlanta [Motor Speedway] and I am looking for more of the same out of our Verizon Wireless Dodge this weekend."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway
"Atlanta Motor Speedway is a fun mile-and-a-half track. Your car has to be able to rotate through the corners on both ends of the track in order to have a shot to win. The car carries a significant amount of speed around the entire track. Things happen in a hurry and he driver has to on his toes all night. We are taking our 'work horse' to Atlanta. Justin [Allgaier] really likes this car and it has had a lot of strong results. I am hoping to continue on that streak this weekend and bring home another strong result for the Verizon Wireless Dodge."