* Vickers looks to ride Michigan momentum to victory lane at Atlanta Motor Speedway! His last time behind the wheel of the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota was three weeks ago at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) where he captured the pole...
* Vickers looks to ride Michigan momentum to victory lane at Atlanta Motor Speedway! His last time behind the wheel of the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota was three weeks ago at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) where he captured the pole position, led the most laps (78) and was involved in a dramatic finish where he took second place. Although he has one top-10 finish at the 1.54-mile speedway, his stellar performance this season on the 1.5-mile tracks makes him a strong contender for the win this weekend!
* In the Loop: Vickers is a dangerous man in turns 1 and 2! In the NNS Loop Data for Atlanta Motor Speedway, he ranks eighth for passes in turn 1 (20 passes in two races) and sixth for passes in turn 2 (25 passes in two races).
* What has Vickers been up to since we last saw him in the No. 32? Vickers attended MotoGP school in his time off. With his passion for thrills and speed, is it any surprise that he has found a new hobby? Vickers headed to Southwick, Massachusetts for a motocross event. Like his Dollar General teammates, Vickers also traveled north of the border. He spent some leisure time in Vancouver, British Columbia.
* Vickers' final test session on Thursday for PRELUDE to the DREAM! Vickers will race a dirt Late Model stock car in the September 9th PRELUDE to the DREAM at Eldora Speedway.
Vickers on racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"I am really looking forward to getting back in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. We had such a great weekend at Michigan and came so close to the win! I really want to get a win for these guys. They work so hard every week and build fantastic cars. Atlanta is a fun track to race on. It's a fast track and you can run in either of the two grooves. With a great Dollar General car, a solid team behind me and a fast track, I think we have the recipe for a win."
Vickers on the first night race at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"Saturday night under the lights at Atlanta Motor Speedway is going to be amazing! This track is already fast and exciting. At night it is going to be even faster and just electric! I think the fans will be very pleased with the racing they will see and I can't wait to be a part of it."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #040 in this weekend's Degree V12 300 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* #040 was last seen on track at Chicagoland Speedway (July, 2009) where Vickers qualified second, narrowly missing the pole position by only 0.003 seconds! He finished in the third position.