* This week's race truck for the event at the Texas Motor Speedway is Chassis No. 5-112. This is the same truck Skinner ran earlier this year at the California Speedway en route to an eighth place finish. * Texas Domination... Even though...
* This week's race truck for the event at the Texas Motor Speedway is Chassis No. 5-112. This is the same truck Skinner ran earlier this year at the California Speedway en route to an eighth place finish.
* Texas Domination... Even though Skinner has yet to win at the 1.5 mile Texas track, Skinner owns almost every stat going into the race this weekend. He has a series-high driver rating at the Ft. Worth based track of 134.2, an average running position of 2.7, fastest laps run at 166, laps in the top-15 are 98.3 % and an average starting position of 2.25.
* Pole Winner... Skinner not only captured his first pole in 2008 last time out at "The Monster Mile," but he also captured the pole at the 1.5 mile Texas track in November last year.
* Moving On Up... After encountering bad luck during the first few races of the 2008 season the No. 5 Toyota Tundra are back on the right path. Skinner sits in the seventh position in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series point standings. He is a mere 13 points out of the top-five and just 67 points out of the lead in the Craftsman Truck Series Championship standings.
* BDR Domination... Not only has Skinner sat on the front row the last two NCTS races, including capturing his 44th career pole last weekend at Dover, but the BDR truck trio once again finished in the top-10 for the second time this year. BDR and NASCAR newcomer, Scott Speed captured the truck team's first win in 2008 at Dover last weekend as well.
* Glad to have you... Justin Boots, a longtime supporter of Mike Skinner, is located close to Texas Motor Speedway, in neighboring Fort Worth. The company will have executives at the track cheering on the No. 5 Toyota Tundra. The leader in footwear has been a partner Mike Skinner since 1995.
Mike Skinner on Racing at the Texas Motor Speedway:
"I love racing at Texas. Even though I have not won there, it is definitely one of my favorites. We have been running well here lately and seem to always run good at Texas, so maybe we can get our first win of the season this weekend. Jeff (Hensley) and the guys have been doing a great job in and out of the shop, and I would love nothing more than to win one for them and the folks at Toyota. The whole BDR organization seems to be running well right now, so hopefully we can keep it going this weekend."