* More time behind the wheel... Despite the break in competition last week, Lofton and RHR teammate Timothy Peters were on track, participating in a two-day test session on the Gresham Motorsports Park short track in Georgia. Crew chief Mark Rette...
* More time behind the wheel... Despite the break in competition last week, Lofton and RHR teammate Timothy Peters were on track, participating in a two-day test session on the Gresham Motorsports Park short track in Georgia. Crew chief Mark Rette said that the test was helpful in giving the duo more insight into the feel of the trucks, with Lofton running various shock setups. "Tuesday and Wednesday after Charlotte, we were able to spend two days at Gresham testing and continuing to gain knowledge about the trucks. It was great for Mark and I to keep moving forward with the setups and how to make our trucks that much faster," Lofton said of the test.
* New leader... Lofton's 15th place finish the last time out at the Charlotte Motor Speedway boosted him in the Raybestos Rookie of The Year point standings. Lofton has been the highest finishing rookie in the last two races (third in Dover, 15th in Charlotte), giving him a two-point advantage.
* Been here before... Lofton has raced at Texas once before, in April, behind the wheel of a Nationwide Series car. Looking for additional seat-time during a two-week break in Camping World Truck Series competition, Lofton and his No. 7 Red Horse Racing crew trekked to Texas, fielding the No. 71 Camry. Lofton qualified on speed for the event and ran his way through the field, from 31st to 15th, before contact from another racer ended his charge. This Friday's start will be his first at Texas in Camping World Truck Series competition.
* Going the distance... Lofton has a stellar record on 1.5-mile tracks that are similar to Texas Motor Speedway. In 2009 he earned the race win in the ARCA Racing Series at Chicagoland Speedway, and this season in NCWTS competition, he's notched two top-15 runs at the already visited intermediate tracks with a best finish of 13th.
Justin Lofton on racing at Texas Motor Speedway "We have had three good runs going into Texas. I am really looking forward to capitalizing on that and coming home with a top-five. I really had a good time there in the Nationwide Series car, and I hope it is the same in the truck."
Crew Chief Mark Rette on Texas Motor Speedway "I'm excited to go to Texas after how well we ran there in the Nationwide car. Justin adapted to Texas really quick. He's had a lot of laps there and he knows the feel that he wants and needs. It's always hot in Texas this time of year. The biggest thing, Texas is a track like Charlotte that gets hot and slick. With our race at night, the heat shouldn't be much of a problem."
Equipment Information Lofton will race chassis RHR129 this weekend at Texas. It is the same truck that he drove during the last race at Charlotte, finishing 15th.