Dennis Setzer Fast Facts: * Dennis Setzer scored his second win at Texas Motor Speedway in winning the O'Reilly Auto Parts 400K on June 11th this season. Setzer first won at TMS in 1999 - five years to the day of this year's win. *...
Dennis Setzer Fast Facts:
* Dennis Setzer scored his second win at Texas Motor Speedway in winning the O'Reilly Auto Parts 400K on June 11th this season. Setzer first won at TMS in 1999 - five years to the day of this year's win.
* Both of Setzer's previous Texas Motor Speedway wins have come in night races. The Silverado 350K, however, will be run in early afternoon. That doesn't concern Setzer, who hasn't finished outside the top 10 in any of the track's five fall events. Setzer has a top performance of third place in 1999 and an average finish of 6.4. He's completed all 730 laps and 1,090 miles.
* Dennis Setzer scored a career-best final point finish with 2nd in the 2003 NCTS point standings
* In addition to his 150 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts, Dennis Setzer has 7 Winston Cup and 102 Busch Grand National starts in his career including 2 Busch Series victories (South Boston 1994, Hickory 1994)
Dennis Setzer NCTS Records
* Dennis Setzer set a NASCAR record with the win at Lowe's Motor Speedway on May 21st of 2004. He is the only driver with at least one win in 7 straight seasons in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series - dating to 1998.
* Setzer broke the single season streak of top-10 finishes in 2003 by finishing 20-straight races inside the top-10.
* Dennis Setzer won the 2002 race at Martinsville by starting in 33rd position. It is the farthest any competitor has ever started a NASCAR Truck Series race to go on and win.
Dennis Setzer on Texas Motor Speedway: "We ran really good in the early part of the year and then we kind of went through a little slump but I think things are starting to come back together now," said Setzer, a top-10 finisher in his most recent three starts. "We're just getting everything lined up (again) and hope to make a run for the championship." "Last year we lost ground at the second Texas event and never really made it up. We were the only contender that didn't finish in the top-five here last year and we went on to lose the championship by 9 points. So this race is very important to us."
"We were able to practice and qualify in the afternoon when we were here in June, so a lot of that information should transfer over to this race." Both of Setzer's wins at Texas Motor Speedway have come at night. The Silverado 350K will be run at 1:00 in the afternoon this weekend.
Dennis Setzer on his finish at California Speedway (10/2):
"This track has been pretty good for us over the past few years, but we were a little off here this time and it really showed. We have a good idea where our problems are at the big tracks and we are working on it diligently. Our Silverado was pretty good at the bigger tracks earlier in the season, we just have to get back on track here to finish the year."
The Truck- "Pip"
"Pip" debuted at Michigan and looked to be headed to a 3rd place finish before finishing 10th. Pip ran again at Nashville qualifying 4th and finishing 19th. Pip just scored his first top-ten finish last weekend in Vegas and sat on the outside front row for the team's best earned qualifying effort of the season.