* Setzer will be making his 20th career NASCAR start at Texas Motor Speedway when he pilots the No. 18 Fastenal Dodge on Friday night. He has one NASCAR Busch Series start and 18 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts at the 1.5 mile oval. * ...
* Setzer will be making his 20th career NASCAR start at Texas Motor Speedway when he pilots the No. 18 Fastenal Dodge on Friday night. He has one NASCAR Busch Series start and 18 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts at the 1.5 mile oval.
* Setzer has two victories at TMS. In 1999 he piloted the Mopar Dodge to victory lane and scored his second victory in 2004. J
* The last time the NCTS visited Texas in June the Fastenal Dodge finished in eighth position with Ken Schrader behind the wheel and Setzer came home 16th in a different vehicle. J
* Setzer will pilot "Timmy" this weekend at Texas. He drove this particular chassis to a seventh place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and a 13th place finish last week at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Hot Points Position Up for Grabs: The 10th spot in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Championship point standings has suddenly become a hot commodity. Only 134 points separate ninth from the 13th position. Dennis Setzer currently sits in the 12th spot just 80 points out of 10th.
Memories of the Mopar Dodge at Texas: "I have two wins at Texas Motor Speedway. One of the two came in 1999 when I was driving the Mopar Dodge. Last week while at Atlanta we all started talking about that win. It was the first win for Dodge Motorsports on a speedway since the early 1970s. It was a huge accomplishment for everyone involved. In fact, the NCTS Engineering Director for Dodge still has the engine from that particular race. I got the trophy, he got the engine. It was a pretty good trade off."
Texas Two-Step: "It is hard to believe how long the Texas race track has been around. They have done a great job of trying to please everyone by resurfacing it several times. It has had so many different configurations that you almost forget it is the same track. It seems they have really hit on something with the last configuration. The track has had some time to age and I think it is only getting better every time we race there."