* Randy Briggs was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the race in the O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Kansas Speedway. Briggs finished 23rd and took home top finishing rookie honors for the first time this season. * Briggs is the fourth different driver...
* Randy Briggs was the Raybestos® Rookie of the race in the O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Kansas Speedway. Briggs finished 23rd and took home top finishing rookie honors for the first time this season.
* Briggs is the fourth different driver to take home Raybestos® Rookie of the Race honors this season, joining Brendan Gaughan, Jason Small, and Trent Owens. Briggs ended Gaughan's impressive four race streak where he was highest finishing rookie. Biggs also competed in the 2001 Craftsman Truck Series race at Kansas Speedway, scoring an 18th place finish.
* Only two Raybestos® Rookies were running at the finish of the Kansas race: Biggs and Aaron Daniel, who placed 26th in his third start this season. Gaughan (27th) was sidelined by an accident, Bill Lester (29th) retired from the event with tire problems, and Jason Small (30th) parked his truck with a vibration problem.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Kansas Speedway.
* Gaughan is the only rookie to lead in the Craftsman Truck Series this season. He has led three times in two races for 94.00 miles entering Saturday's O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Kansas Speedway.
* Gaughan enjoys a 36 point lead (135-99) over Lester in the Raybestos® Rookie standings entering Kroger 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
* Gaughan is the only Raybestos® Rookie who ranks in the top-10 in Craftsman Truck Series points. Gaughan is tenth in Craftsman Truck Series points, 40 behind ninth place Travis Kvapil, and 91 behind eighth place Robert Pressley.
* Lester was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Kansas, taking the third starting position in time trials. Lester's qualifying run was the best by a Raybestos® Rookie this season. Entering this Saturday's race at Kentucky Speedway, Lester has been top qualifying rookie in six of the nine Craftsman Truck Series races.
* Gaughan's win in the O'Reilly 400K at Texas Motor Speedway marks the third consecutive season where a Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Contender has won at least one race.
* Only three Raybestos® Rookies have started all nine races entering the Kroger 225 at Kentucky Speedway: Gaughan, Small, and Lester.
* Travis Kvapil was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in last year's Kroger 225. Kvapil finished fourth in the race, completing all 150 laps of the event.
* Four Raybestos® Rookies finished in the top-10 at Kentucky. Joining Kvapil in the top-10: Ricky Hendrick (sixth), Jon Wood (seventh), and Billy Bigley (10th). Bigley was the only driver in the top-10 that didn't finish on the lead lap.
* Wood was the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap at Kentucky. Wood held the top spot once for two laps.
* Hendrick was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Kentucky, taking the second starting spot. The Kentucky event was the second consecutive race where Hendrick was the top qualifying rookie and the second consecutive race where Hendrick started second.
* Ten Raybestos® Rookies started last year's race at Kentucky and eight were running at the finish. The exceptions were Ricky Sanders (25th, engine) and Willy T. Ribbs (30th, accident).
<pre> RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Brendan Gaughan 135 Bill Lester 99 Jason Small 95 Trent Owens 61 Rodney Sawyers 56 Dana White 28 Randy Briggs 25 Loni Richardson 24 Aaron Daniel 10
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE Florida Dodge Dealers 250 Jason Small, ninth Craftsman Anniversary 200 Trent Owens, 15th Advance Auto Parts 250 Brendan Gaughan, ninth Ram Tough 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th Rocky Mountain 200 Trent Owens, 14th MBNA 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th O'Reilly 400K Brendan Gaughan, first O'Reilly Auto Parts 200 Brendan Gaughan, 13th GNC Live Well 200 Brendan Gaughan, fourth O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 Randy Briggs, 23rd