Mike Bliss - No. 16 IWX Chevy South Boston Fast Facts Â· Mike Bliss leads the 2002 NCTS point standings by 40 markers over Rick Crawford entering the Hardees 250 at South Boston Speedway. Â· Bliss qualified third and finished ninth in last...
Mike Bliss - No. 16 IWX Chevy South Boston Fast Facts
· Mike Bliss leads the 2002 NCTS point standings by 40 markers over Rick Crawford entering the Hardees 250 at South Boston Speedway.
· Bliss qualified third and finished ninth in last year's South Boston Truck Series race.
· Bliss finished ninth in the most recent event on the tour at Texas Motor Speedway - his 14th Top-10 finish in 17 races this season .
· Bliss won his third Bud Pole of the season at Texas (17th career) and has qualified no worse than third over the last five races. Bliss has qualified no worse than fifth over the past 10 NCTS events - a 3.0 average over that span.
· Since the opening event of the season at Daytona, Bliss has completed all but one lap - 2,837 out of 2,838 contested - in the last 16 Truck Series races. He finished one lap down to the leaders at Texas and made up five laps to finish on the lead lap at Memphis.
BLISS AT SOUTH BOSTON...
· Bliss started third and finished ninth in his only NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series South Boston Speedway appearance - the 2001 NetZero 250.
BLISS ON SOUTH BOSTONâ^À¦
"The race at South Boston could be the key to winning the season championship. You can be totally prepared and have the best truck and still get caught up in someone else's mess. The track is so narrow and there's no place to hide if something happens. Anyone who has a shot at the title is going to have to miss the wrecks and come out of South Boston with a solid finish. "
"Our run at this year's championship began at South Boston last year. This IWX team was pretty much shut down and we had an old truck sitting back in the corner. Team owner Steve Coulter allowed us to bring it to South Boston and we did pretty well qualifying third and finishing ninth. After that, Steve and everyone else with the team got excited about racing again and we decided to start the year at Daytona and see what would happen. I don't think anyone thought we'd be here six months later battling for a championship, but we are, so you can be sure we are going to take advantage of it."