RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY NOTES * Morgan-Dollar Motorsports has won 5 of 17 races so far this year in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. * Setzer has been on a hot streak this summer, winning two races in June (Michigan & Milwaukee), one...
RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY NOTES
* Morgan-Dollar Motorsports has won 5 of 17 races so far this year in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
* Setzer has been on a hot streak this summer, winning two races in June (Michigan & Milwaukee), one in July (Kentucky), and one in August (IRP).
* This season's wins were Setzer's 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th of his career, moving him into a tie overall for 3rd all time in the win list in the NCTS (Skinner and Biffle are the others with 16 wins).
* Of Dennis Setzer's 16 wins, 11 are at different tracks of various sizes.
* Kevin Harvick, the owner of the #6 and #92 trucks also entered in this race will be driving the #47 Morgan-Dollar truck as teammate to Dennis Setzer this weekend at RIR.
* In addition to his 182 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts, Dennis Setzer has 7 Nextel Cup and 102 Busch Series starts in his career including 2 Busch Series victories (South Boston 1994, Hickory 1994)
* Dennis Setzer is the only driver with at least one win in eight (8) consecutive seasons in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series -- dating 1998 to 2005. He and Jack Sprague are the only drivers to score a win in eight (8) different seasons.
RICHMOND RACE QUOTES
"This is going to be one of the toughest races of the year. I could really tell that a lot of teams have put a lot of effort into this race from testing last week. The usual good teams were good, and even some teams that do not run up front much were really fast. Also, we're going to have a lot of great drivers in the field including some Cup guys like Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart, and Kyle Busch.
"You have to approach Richmond in a unique way. First of all you have to run up front to stay out of trouble. Secondly your truck must turn well in the corners and you have to get off of turn two. Your set up cannot allow you to be loose getting into one or three and braking is very important."