* This Week's Tundra... Mike Skinner will race RMM-108 this weekend at Pocono Raceway. The International Truck/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra team utilized the truck during the Goodyear Tire Test at Pocono Raceway in May. The truck last saw racing...
* This Week's Tundra... Mike Skinner will race RMM-108 this weekend at Pocono Raceway. The International Truck/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra team utilized the truck during the Goodyear Tire Test at Pocono Raceway in May. The truck last saw racing action at Texas Motor Speedway in June where Skinner raced to a season-best fourth-place finish.
* Pocono Test Session... Skinner and the No. 5 International Truck/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra team were one of the five teams in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series to participate in the Goodyear Tire Test at Pocono Raceway on Monday, May 17. Skinner and his team were able to gain experience logging laps in a Toyota Tundra around the track dubbed as the "tricky triangle" while learning more about the tire compound Goodyear will use this coming weekend.
* Experience around the 'Tricky Triangle' ... As the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series looks to make its debut at Pocono Raceway this weekend, Skinner is one of the few drivers in the field to have previous experience at the Pennsylvania track. Skinner competed in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for a number of years throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s while the series made its two annual stops at the 2.5-mile tri-oval. Throughout that time, Skinner made 13 starts at Pocono Raceway recording over 2,000 laps and achieving four top-10 finishes with an average result of 23.6.
* Previous Pole-Sitter at Pocono... Skinner was the 1999 Pennsylvania 500 pole sitter at Pocono Raceway on July 25, 1999. He recorded an average speed of 170.451 mph during his qualifying attempt to lead the field to the green flag. The International Truck/Monaco RVs driver led 51 laps that day before finishing 10th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
* Local Talent Returns to Pocono... Matt Holzbaur of New Egypt, N.J., will return to his home track at Pocono Raceway for the 50-lap race this weekend. The rear tire carrier on the No. 5 International Truck/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra and will have the opportunity to show his family around the 2.5-mile facility while performing his duties in front of family and friends.
* Toyota Loyalty... Skinner is the only driver to have piloted a Toyota Tundra in every NCWTS Series race. The two teamed up in 2004 when the manufacturer entered the NASCAR arena.
Mike Skinner on racing at Pocono Raceway
"It's pretty cool to get to go back to Pocono [Raceway]. I really used to enjoy running at that track; the fans up there are really cool. I have some good history in a Cup car at Pocono [Raceway]; we don't necessarily have the finishes to show for it, but we certainly did have some strong races there. I'm excited to see what we can do with the International Truck/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra this weekend--it should be a lot of fun."
Crew Chief Stacy Johnson on competing at Pocono Raceway
"We're ready for the race at Pocono [Raceway] this weekend. The International Truck/Monaco RVs team is excited to go to the track for the first time. Pocono [Raceway] is unlike any other track where we compete, but NASCAR has made it a race to really look forward to. It will be our first time qualifying more than one truck at a time, it will be the series' first trip to this particular facility; and to make it even better, we're one of the few teams to have a driver that has competed at Pocono Raceway before. Our team has done a lot of work over the last few weeks analyzing our trucks and preparing for this race; we have high expectations for this weekend."
-source: randy moss motorsports