* Dana White was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the Power Stroke Diesel 200 at Indianapolis Raceway Park. White finished 24th and became the sixth different first year driver to take the honor in the Craftsman Truck Series this...
* Dana White was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Power Stroke Diesel 200 at Indianapolis Raceway Park. White finished 24th and became the sixth different first year driver to take the honor in the Craftsman Truck Series this season.
* Leading Raybestos® Rookie Contender Brendan Gaughan placed 29th at Indianapolis. He leads Bill Lester by 42 (181-139) points entering the Federated Auto Parts 200 at Nashville Superspeedway.
* Five Raybestos® Rookies qualified for the Indianapolis event and three were running at the finish of the event: White, Gaughan, and Jason Small (25th). Bill Lester (28th) was sidelined by an accident while handling problems forced Loni Richardson (35th) to the garage area early.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Indianapolis Raceway Park, the fifth consecutive race where no first-year driver has led at least one lap.
* Lester was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Indianapolis, taking the 11th starting position. No other first year driver started in the top-20.
* Gaughan is the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead in the Craftsman Truck Series this season. He has led three times in two races for 94.00 miles entering Saturday's race at Nashville Superspeedway.
* Lester is the only member of this year's Raybestos® Rookie class that has experience at Nashville Superspeedway. Lester started 10th in last year's Federated Auto Parts 200 but was involved in an accident early in the race and finished 30th.
* Travis Kvapil was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race at Nashville scoring a fifth place finish one lap down to race winner Scott Riggs. He also led the race once for two laps and was the only rookie to finish in the top-10 at Nashville.
* Fellow rookie Ricky Hendrick also led at Nashville. He held the top spot once for five laps on his way to an 11th place finish.
* Eight Raybestos® Rookies started last year's race at Nashville and seven were running at the finish: Kvapil, Hendrick, Brian Rose (15th), Jon Wood (16th), Ricky Sanders (20th), Billy Bigley (23rd), and Willy T. Ribbs (24th). The lone exception was Matt Crafton who left the race with engine failure and finished 25th.
* Kvapil was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie, taking the eighth starting position in time trials. Hendrick also qualified in the top-10, grabbing the ninth starting position.
* Gaughan's win in the O'Reilly 400K at Texas Motor Speedway marks the third consecutive season where a Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Contender has won at least one race.
RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Brendan Gaughan 181 Bill Lester 139 Jason Small 129 Trent Owens 61 Rodney Sawyers 56 Dana White 48 Randy Briggs 41 Loni Richardson 31 Aaron Daniel 19
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE Florida Dodge Dealers 250 Jason Small, ninth Craftsman Anniversary 200 Trent Owens, 15th Advance Auto Parts 250 Brendan Gaughan, ninth Ram Tough 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th Rocky Mountain 200 Trent Owens, 14th MBNA 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th O'Reilly 400K Brendan Gaughan, first O'Reilly Auto Parts 200 Brendan Gaughan, 13th GNC Live Well 200 Brendan Gaughan, fourth O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 Randy Briggs, 23rd Kroger 225 Brendan Gaughan, 11th New England 200 Brendan Gaughan, fifth Michigan 200 Bill Lester, 15th Power Stroke Diesel 200 Dana White, 24th