David Starr is Racing a Truck He Has Never Finished Outside of the Top Ten * The Texas native will be making hiseighth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Nashville Superspeedway this Saturday.J * His highest finish at this particular...
David Starr is Racing a Truck He Has Never Finished Outside of the Top Ten
* The Texas native will be making hiseighth NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Nashville Superspeedway this Saturday.J
* His highest finish at this particular track is second in 2004. He's backed that up with fourth-place finishes twice on the concrete oval in the Volunteer State.J
* Starr will be racing the HT Chassis Bob Daddy, the truck in which he has never finished outside of the top 10 with. Starr raced it in Charlotte at Lowe's Motor Speedway (seventh), Texas (seventh) Milwaukee (ninth), and Memphis (third).
* Starr has led 40 laps and completed 99.7% of the laps he has attempted there. He has no DNF's in Nashville.J
* In 126 Speedway starts, Starr has three wins, three poles, 28 top-five and 60 top-10 finishes. He has led 153 laps on this particular style of track.
* HT Motorsports Owner Jim Harris is still the only owner in the NCWTS who has both teams sitting in the top 10 in points.
Concrete Surfaces: "A lot of the tracks we race on get very temperature sensitive and they show a lot of wear over the years, but Nashville is one of the concrete tracks we race on and you don't get those same results. When you set your truck up and practice it in the heat of the day, then when we race at night the track will pretty much be the same. So that helps eliminate some of the setup work we have to do in trying to figure that out. Asphalt tracks are so temperature sensitive a cloud cover can make a huge difference."
Race Track Characteristics: "This track is one of those places we go to that is really fast. Your truck has to be able to turn through the center well or it can be very difficult to drive at fast lap times. If you get the truck turning through the center then sometimes it can cause you to be loose off, so it will take a lot of finesse on my part to make it around there. I am looking forward to Nashville because it feels so fast when you are running and that makes it a lot of fun. I'm having a great time driving these trucks at HT Motorsports and always looking forward to going to another race."