News and Notes from the RaybestosÂ® Rookie Contenders - Craftsman Truck Series. * Brendan Gaughan was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the race in the O'Reilly Auto Parts 200 at Memphis Motorsports Park, taking highest finishing rookie honors for the...
News and Notes from the Raybestos® Rookie Contenders - Craftsman Truck Series.
* Brendan Gaughan was the Raybestos® Rookie of the race in the O'Reilly Auto Parts 200 at Memphis Motorsports Park, taking highest finishing rookie honors for the third consecutive race and fifth time in the last six races. He finished 13th, completing all 200 laps of the event.
* Bill Lester was the only other rookie to finish on the lead lap at Memphis. He finished 17th out of the 20 cars that completed the full distance.
* Five Raybestos® Rookies started the race at Memphis and four were running at the finish of the race: Gaughan, Lester, Rodney Sawyers (24th) and Dana White (30th). The only exception was Jason Small who was sidelined by an accident after 48 laps.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap at Memphis.
* Gaughan was also the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Memphis, taking the 11th starting position in time trials. Gaughan was also the top qualifying rookie in the season opening Florida Dodge Dealers 250 at Daytona International Speedway.
* Gaughan is the only Raybestos® Rookie in the top-10 in Craftsman Truck Series points. He ranks 10th in the standings, 29 behind ninth place Terry Cook.
* Gaughan continues to lead the Raybestos® Rookie Contender standings over Bill Lester. He enjoys a 26 point advantage (107-81) entering Saturday's GNC Live Well 200 at The Milwaukee Mile.
* Gaughan is the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap in the Craftsman Truck Series this season. He led twice for 60 laps in the O'Reilly 400 at Texas Motor Speedway (most of any driver in the race) and went on to score his first career victory in the event.
* Gaughan's win marks the third consecutive season where a Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Contender has won at least one race.
* Only three Raybestos® Rookies have started all eight races entering the GNC Live Well 200: Gaughan, Small, and Lester.
* Travis Kvapil was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race last year at Milwaukee. Kvapil finished third, completing all 200 laps of the race.
* Kvapil was the third Raybestos® Rookie in the last four races at Milwaukee to post a top-five finish. Greg Biffle finished fifth in 1998 while Kurt Busch won the 2000 event. Busch is the only Raybestos® Rookie to win a Craftsman Truck Series race at Milwaukee.
* Eight Raybestos® Rookies started the race and four finished in the top-10 on the lead lap at Milwaukee in 2001: Kvapil, Billy Bigley (seventh), Matt Crafton (ninth) and Ricky Hendrick (tenth). The rest of the class: Jon Wood (12th), Willy T. Ribbs (18th), Larry Gunselman (19th) and Brian Rose (28th). All eight Raybestos Rookies were running at the finish of the race.
* No Raybestos® Rookie led a lap last year at Milwaukee.
* Hendrick was the top qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Milwaukee, grabbing the sixth starting position. Kvapil, who qualified seventh, was the only other rookie to start inside the top-10.
<pre> RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Brendan Gaughan 107 Bill Lester 81 Jason Small 80 Trent Owens 61 Rodney Sawyers 49 Angie Wilson 31 Loni Richardson 24 Dana White 19 Randy Briggs 15
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE Florida Dodge Dealers 250 Jason Small, ninth Craftsman Anniversary 200 Trent Owens, 15th Advance Auto Parts 250 Brendan Gaughan, ninth Ram Tough 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th Rocky Mountain 200 Trent Owens, 14th MBNA 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th O'Reilly 400K Brendan Gaughan, first O'Reilly Auto Parts 200 Brendan Gaughan, 13th