Dana Racing Notes * Joe Ruttman is hoping that his first trip to Michigan Speedway in a NASCAR Craftsman Truck will yield the same results, a win, he gathered the first time he raced an ARCA car here back in 1980. On that day, he started from...
Dana Racing Notes
* Joe Ruttman is hoping that his first trip to Michigan Speedway in a NASCAR Craftsman Truck will yield the same results, a win, he gathered the first time he raced an ARCA car here back in 1980. On that day, he started from the pole, led the most laps, and won the race. A feat he has unfortunately been unable to repeat. Ruttman also has another start in 1985 in the ARCA series at Michigan. In that event he started 5th and finished 5th.
* The Goracing.com 200 at Michigan Speedway is the seventh race that Joe Ruttman has driven for the Bobby Hamilton Dana Racing team.
* Joe Ruttman was very busy the first two day of the week as he toured the Dana Corporate headquarters on Monday and then Dodge's test track on Tuesday. Both days were filled with appearances and events to get the employees of both companies involved in the racing program. "Its good to be racing here in Michigan," said Ruttman. "This event gives us a chance to see what our corporate sponsors think of their truck series involvement. It also gives them a chance to ask questions and get more involved with the program. Which is always a plus. And it was a lot of fun for me to get to see some of the neat things that Dana is working on in the research facility."
* The Dana Corporation showed their support of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series this past Monday and Tuesday, by opening their Technical Research Park (TRP) to their fellow competitors so they would have a place to work on their trucks following the event at Nazareth Speedway. Dana Corporation even provided the teams with lunch on both days.
* On Saturday July 24th, over a thousand Dana Corporation employees and their families will be in the Michigan Speedway grandstands cheering on Joe Ruttman and the #18 Dana Dodge. Dana's Merchandising Services Group brought these employees together, from 16 states and four countries to witness the first NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race in the Michigan/ Ohio area.
Ruttman's Quotes for Michigan Speedway
"It's a big thrill for me to be involved in the first race a Michigan for the Craftsman Truck Series. This is a place that we really need to be racing if for no other reason than all the manufactures that support the series are located just down the road in Detroit."
"I think initially my experience with the Winston Cup cars and the ARCA cars will give me an advantage, but after the first day I think everyone else will have found out what it takes to go fast here. The other reason I say that is because the Trucks are similar to the Winston Cup cars of today. Not the Winston Cup cars I drove back in the 80's."
"Another good thing about coming back to race close to Detroit is that I lived here for a number of years. My mother and father sold Go-Karts an motorcycles for years in the Detroit area, and it gives me a chance to see my brother Jim and his wife Nancy who live in the area."