THE MEMPHIS MOTORSPORTS PARK NOTES * Dennis Setzer has NEVER finished outside the top-5 in six (6) starts at Memphis Motorsports Park. * Memphis Motosports Park was the site of the first-ever win for Morgan-Dollar Motorsports in the NASCAR ...
THE MEMPHIS MOTORSPORTS PARK NOTES
* Dennis Setzer has NEVER finished outside the top-5 in six (6) starts at Memphis Motorsports Park.
* Memphis Motosports Park was the site of the first-ever win for Morgan-Dollar Motorsports in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (2001).
* Dennis Setzer comes into Memphis Motorsports Park as the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series' point leader - after winning two races in a row to end the month of June (Michigan 6/18 & Milwaukee 6/24) and one race so far in July (Kentucky 7/9). The wins were Setzer's 13th, 14th, and 15th of his career, moving him to 6th all time in the win list in the NCTS.
* Setzer's 3 wins in 4 races was the first time that has happened in the NCTS since 2001.
* Morgan-Dollar Motorsports' #46 crew chief, Eric Phillips, has five wins over a 26-race span beginning with Travis Kvapil's July 31, 2004 victory and Setzer's Kentucky triumph, is the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series' leading crew chief over the 11-plus month span.
* In addition to his 180 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts, Dennis Setzer has 7 Nextel Cup and 102 Busch Series starts in his career including 2 Busch Series victories (South Boston 1994, Hickory 1994)
MEMPHIS MOTORSPORTS PARK RACE QUOTES
"Memphis is a tough place to get the chassis just right. I love to race at Memphis -- its an awesome track and just the right size for the Craftsman Truck Series. The track has a similar layout to Richmond, but not as much grip. You also set your truck up differently than you would at Richmond, to be better in different places. The race will be held at night time this year as opposed the daytime like we have run it in each year that we have been there before now. That should give the track more grip and make it faster as well."