NOTES: * This week's race truck for the event at Mansfield Motorsports Park is Chassis No. 23-121. This is the same truck Johnny Benson drove at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway earlier this year. * Brangus on Board... Benson's No. 23 Toyota Tundra...
* This week's race truck for the event at Mansfield Motorsports Park is Chassis No. 23-121. This is the same truck Johnny Benson drove at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway earlier this year.
* Brangus on Board... Benson's No. 23 Toyota Tundra will carry a new paint scheme this weekend. The colors of the International Brangus Breeders Association (IBBA) will adorn the sides of Benson's Tundra in Mansfield.
* Mansfield Stats... In three NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts at the half-mile Ohio track, Benson has an average starting position of fifth. He has also finished in the top-five in his previous two starts at the track.
* Autographs Anyone? Benson will join his BDR teammate Scott Speed and many other NCTS drivers in an autograph session in downtown Mansfield Thursday, May 22, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. followed by a Q&A.
* Going home... Matt Weber, who is the second gas man for Benson's No. 23 Toyota Tundra, will return to his hometown this weekend. Weber is from Galion, Ohio, which is about five miles from Mansfield Motorsports Park.
* Last Time Out... Benson appeared to be in position to win his first race of the year last weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway, as he took the lead under caution with just a few laps to go in the race. The race restarted with just seven laps to go, but NASCAR ruled that Benson jumped the restart and thus black flagged Benson. The penalty forced Benson out of contention for the victory.
Johnny Benson on Racing at Mansfield Motorsports Park:
"Mansfield is a great place to race, and the fact that we normally run pretty well there always helps. The fans at Mansfield have to be some of the best ones around, and I think that is one reason why the drivers like going there so much. I am definitely looking forward to racing there this weekend. Hopefully we can get a good finish and get back up there in the points."