* Brendan Gaughan was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the Advance Auto Parts 250 at Martinsville Speedway. He started 32nd and finished ninth, completing all 250 laps. Gaughan was the only rookie to finish on the lead lap and collected...
* Brendan Gaughan was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Advance Auto Parts 250 at Martinsville Speedway. He started 32nd and finished ninth, completing all 250 laps. Gaughan was the only rookie to finish on the lead lap and collected Raybestos Rookie of the Race honors for the first time this season.
* Gaughan used his first top-10 finish of the season to take the lead in the Raybestos® Rookie Contender standings. He leads Jason Small by one point (33-32) entering Sunday's Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers Ram Tough 200 at Gateway International Raceway.
* Bill Lester was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Martinsville, earning the 13th starting position in time trials. Lester was also the top qualifying rookie at Darlington where he started 13th.
* Raybestos® Rookie Contenders Angie Wilson and Rodney Sawyers made their respective Craftsman Truck Series debut at Martinsville Speedway. Sawyers had a solid day in the race, coming away with a 15th place finish. Wilson dropped out after 234 laps due to handling problems and was credited with 23rd in the final finishing order.
* Seven Raybestos® Rookies started the Martinsville race and four were running at the finish: Gaughan, Jason Small (13th), Sawyers, and Trent Owens (17th).
* 2001 Raybestos® Rookie of the Year Travis Kvapil was the highest finishing rookie in last year's Ram Tough 200 at Gateway International Raceway. He started 10th and finished fifth, completing all 160 laps. Ricky Hendrick was the other freshman driver who finished on the lead lap, coming away with a sixth place finish. Matt Crafton placed seventh, giving the class three members who logged top-10 finishes.
* Crafton was the highest qualifying rookie last year at Gateway, claiming the eighth starting position in time trials.
* Kvapil was the only rookie to lead laps at Gateway last year. He held the top spot once for two laps.
* Three members of this year's rookie class have experience in the Craftsman Truck Series at Gateway: Gaughan, Loni Richardson, and Lester. Gaughan finished a respectable 15th one year ago after starting 20th. Richardson was 28th at the checkered flag but was running at the finish of the race. Lester finished 36th after dropping out of the race with handling problems.
* Entering Sunday's race at Gateway, no Raybestos® Rookie Contender has led a lap in a Craftsman Truck Series race this season.
RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
Brendan Gaughan 33
Jason Small 32
Bill Lester 23
Trent Owens 19
Loni Richardson 11
Rodney Sawyers 9
Donnie Neuenberger 8
Randy Briggs 7
Angie Wilson 7
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE
Florida Dodge Dealers 250 Jason Small, ninth
Craftsman Anniversary 200 Trent Owens, 15th
Advance Auto Parts 250 Brendan Gaughan, ninth