David Starr Saves Any Luck for the Race, * David Starr is a former winner in the lucky city of Las Vegas. He won in 2002 after qualifying on the pole and leading 28 laps on the 1.5-mile tri-oval. * The Las Vegas 350 will mark Starr's 10th ...
David Starr Saves Any Luck for the Race,
* David Starr is a former winner in the lucky city of Las Vegas. He won in 2002 after qualifying on the pole and leading 28 laps on the 1.5-mile tri-oval.
* The Las Vegas 350 will mark Starr's 10th start in Vegas and his 235th start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
* Starr has three top-five and five top-10 finishes in Vegas. He has led 30 laps of competition on the 1.5-mile tri-oval.
* This Week's Truck: Starr will pilot the same truck he raced at Gateway and New Hampshire the last two weekends.
* In 130 Speedway starts, Starr has three wins, three poles, 28 top-five and 60 top-10 finishes. He has led 153 laps on this particular style of track.
NASCAR Racing is a Team Sport: "So often racing is focused on the driver in the NASCAR arena. But it takes so many people to get the trucks to the track week in and week out that the guys in the shop deserve a lot of the credit. We have several employees at HT Motorsports who stay back in the shop each week and work on the next week's race while we are gone. They almost never get mentioned. They are a huge help to our road guys who work hard in the shop for numerous hours and then travel on the road taking care of the truck the whole time. It is a combination of shop employees, even the ones who book our travel, answer the phones, to the guy who builds chassis or paints for our teams. It takes all of them to keep up the hectic schedule."
Lady Luck: "We need some Lady Luck on our side this weekend in Las Vegas. These past few weekends we have had some mishaps, either with accidents or with things happening on the truck, so we are focusing on making them better. A lot of times accidents are out of my control on the race track, but driver's reflexes have to be spot on to avoid them. I've seen a lot of cautions come out right in front of me and been able to avoid them and then I've been on the other side as well. So it is just staying focused and on your toes for the team and for myself, but a little help from Lady Luck wouldn't hurt either."
Gambling: "I am a big gambler, love to play blackjack. However, I don't gamble until after the race, because if I have any luck I would much rather it be on the race track than in the casino. So once that checkered flag falls I will play some black jack until I just have to go to bed, but I'm saving my luck for my real passion -- racing."