David Starr Ready for Cat and Mouse Game * The Texas native will be making hisq0th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at O'Reilly Raceway Park this Friday. * His highest finish at this particular track is fourth. Ironically in the same...
David Starr Ready for Cat and Mouse Game
* The Texas native will be making hisq0th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at O'Reilly Raceway Park this Friday.
* His highest finish at this particular track is fourth. Ironically in the same year he started fourth (2006).
* Starr will be racing the HT Chassis Number Seven. Starr raced it in Martinsville (24th) earlier this year.
* In 63 short track starts, Starr has one win, one pole, 10 top-five and 23 top-10 finishes. He has led 347 laps on this particular style of track.
* HT Motorsports Owner Jim Harris is the only owner in the NCWTS who has both teams sitting in the top 10 in points.
Short Track Stint: "I like getting the chance to switch gears every now and then and race short track style. I love the speed that a bigger track gives you but we get almost the same sensation at times for a short track race. Just because you are not turning the speeds you do at a larger track, the sensation of driving and how it throws you around in the truck gives you that same feeling at times. This is a great way to change it up and give us another type of pace."
Cat and Mouse: "Most of the time we can calculate our next moves. But at a short track you don't have that much of an advantage because everything happens so fast. You have to watch the guy in front of you, wait for him to mess up and then pounce on him like a cat. But watch out because behind you the competitor is doing the same thing to you. So when you are ready to make your move, it may already be too late. That's the fun of short track racing."
Fan's Track: "This place is one of the best places we race on for the fans. It has that same appeal that racing back in the day had for us. Fans can bring their blankets and sit on the hill to watch some great racing on Friday and Saturday night. We usually get a huge turnout there and I can see why. It is some of the best racing we do all year."