Scot Walters/Red Man Racing Notes * Scot Walters and the whole Red Man/Brewco Motorsports team is very excited about returning to the "Bullring" type of short track. Flemington is a throw back to the old Saturday night...
Scot Walters/Red Man Racing Notes
* Scot Walters and the whole Red Man/Brewco Motorsports team is very excited about returning to the "Bullring" type of short track. Flemington is a throw back to the old Saturday night style of short tracks. Everything happens sudden and you have to bump and move people out of the way to make a pass.
"I've never been to Flemington, but everyone I talk to says you just turn left and hang on," said Walters. "I'll be glad to get back on the short tracks just because that's were I have the most experience. Another reason I can't wait to race there is with the team chemistry starting to jell I feel like we're in for a good run here and also at Nashville and Louisville, later this month."
* Another week and another move in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Point Standings for Scot Walters and the Red Man team. Walters and the team moved up to the 19th place in driver points following the Pennzoil 200 at New Hampshire International Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire.
"We're slowly making a move in the points," said Walters. " We have had some good runs in the last month and gained some ground on the guys in front of us. With the way the team is starting to come together it's not out of the realm of possibility for us to finish in the top ten in points, by the end of the year."
* Following the Stevens Beil/ Genuine Car Parts 200 in Flemington, New Jersey, Scot Walters and the Red Man/Brewco Motorsports team are planning to participate in the August 11-12 Chevrolet test at Louisville Motor Speedway in Louisville, Kentucky.
* Quick Chek Food Stores is the associate sponsor on the No. 37 Red Man Chevrolet for the Stevens Beil/Genuine Car Parts 200 at Flemington Speedway in Flemington, New Jersey. The chain operates 100 stores in the New Jersey.
The 1998 Cintas Rookie of the Year Standings
Andy Houston 177 Greg Biffle 174 Scot Walters 139 Wayne Anderson 135
* For race by race statistics please see www.brewco.com