DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY NOTES * Dennis Setzer will have Tony Stewart as a teammate in the race. Tony is competing in the ...
DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY NOTES
* Dennis Setzer will have Tony Stewart as a teammate in the race. Tony is competing in the #47 Morgan-Dollar Motorsports Silverado for the second time this season.
* Dennis Setzer has 5 top ten finishes in the last 6 races.
* In addition to his 174 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series starts, Dennis Setzer has 7 Nextel Cup and 102 Busch Series starts in his career including 2 Busch Series victories (South Boston 1994, Hickory 1994)
* Dennis Setzer is the only driver with at least one win in seven straight seasons in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series - dating to 1998.
* Setzer broke the single season streak of top-10 finishes in 2003. He had 20 straight top-ten finishes.
DOVER RACE QUOTES
ON RACING AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: "Dover is a very fast, high-banked track that really isn't like any other track that we race on. You can unload off the truck fast, but by the time the race starts the track has changed tremendously. We have our final practice at one-thirty pm on Thursday and qualify at five-o'clock pm. Then we don't race until almost five on Friday. In between, all the Cup and Busch cars will practice and qualify and will lay down a lot of rubber and the track will get a lot tighter. So it is so hard to get your truck set up just right for the race.
"Last year, we had a decent run going until we got caught a lap down under caution like everyone else. The truck we are bringing was the truck that won Texas last year and it's a good race truck. Eric (crew chief) is new to our program this year and I believe he will bring a lot of knowledge from his experience here at Dover that will give us a good shot at running well here."