* This Week's Tundra... The No. 81 Zachry Tundra team and driver David Starr will race chassis RMM-26 during Friday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway. This is the first race for chassis RMM-26. *...
* This Week's Tundra... The No. 81 Zachry Tundra team and driver David Starr will race chassis RMM-26 during Friday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway. This is the first race for chassis RMM-26.
* Zachry Returns with Starr... Zachry Holdings Inc., returns as primary sponsor for David Starr during the 2010 NCWTS season. The construction giant has backed Starr since the 2008 season.
* Starr's First Race with Randy Moss Motorsports... Starr will make his first start on Friday night for Randy Moss Motorsports in the No. 81 Zachry Toyota Tundra. Daytona International Speedway will also mark the first race for Starr to work with veteran crew chief Doug Wolcott.
* Speed Skating... The driver of the No. 81 Zachry Toyota Tundra spent time on another type of wheels when he was young. Starr was a nationally recognized speed (roller) skater and spent time at the Olympic training center. That sport introduced him to U.S. Olympic athlete, gold, silver and bronze medal winner, Chad Hedrick who will participate in the 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver beginning this week.
David Starr on driving at Daytona International Speedway
"Each time I drive through the tunnel here at Daytona [International Speedway] I can't believe I have the opportunity to race here. It's magical, even as a kid I always dreamed about racing here. Even though I've raced here before, every time is like Christmas times 100. As with any driver, it would be a dream to win here and put my name on the trophy with the great drivers who have won before."
Crew Chief Doug Wolcott on racing at Daytona International Speedway
"I am really excited about this season. David [Starr] brings a wealth of talent and experience to the No. 81 team. He knows what he wants in a race truck and knows how these races play out. We are taking a great truck to Daytona [International Speedway]. If David [Starr] and Mike [Skinner] can get hooked up at the end of the race I think we will be in really good shape. Our Zachry Toyota Tundra team has put in a great effort over the last several months getting these trucks prepared and I am as confident as I have ever been about the direction of our team."
-source: randy moss motorsports