* Brendan Gaughan was the RaybestosÂ® Rookie of the Race in the Ram Tough 200 at Gateway International Raceway. He started 19th and finished 11th, completing 159 of the event's 160 laps. Gaughan took top finishing rookie honors for the second ...
* Brendan Gaughan was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Ram Tough 200 at Gateway International Raceway. He started 19th and finished 11th, completing 159 of the event's 160 laps. Gaughan took top finishing rookie honors for the second consecutive race and is the only Raybestos® rookie to take the honor more than once this season.
* Gaughan stretched his lead in the Raybestos® Rookie Contender standings to four points (44-40) over Jason Small.
* Bill Lester was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie at Gateway, taking the 12th starting position in time trials. Lester has now been top qualifying rookie in three of the four Craftsman Truck Series races this season.
* Eight Raybestos® Rookies qualified for the Ram Tough 200, the most first year drivers that have started any Craftsman Truck Series race this season. Impressively, all nine were running at the finish of the race: Gaughan, Lester (17th), Rodney Sawyers (18th), Trent Owens (20th), Jason Small (21st), Angie Wilson (25th), Loni Richardson (26th), Aaron Daniel (27th), and Dana White (29th).
* Entering Sunday's Rocky Mountain 200 at Pikes Peak International Raceway, no Raybestos® Rookie Contender has led a lap this season.
* The best finish recorded by a Raybestos® Rookie after four races is ninth, by Jason Small (Daytona) and Brendan Gaughan (Martinsville). They are the only rookies to record a top-10 finish in this season.
* Only three Raybestos® Rookies have started all four races entering the Rocky Mountain 200: Gaughan, Small, and Lester.
* Gaughan is 11th in Craftsman Truck Series points, best of all Raybestos® Rookie Contenders. He is 28 points behind 10th place Lance Norick and holds a 19 point advantage over 12th place Terry Cook.
* Owens and Lester are the only members of the 2002 Raybestos® Rookie Class that have Craftsman Truck Series experience at Pikes Peak International Raceway. Both competed in last year's Rocky Mountain 200: Owens started 32nd and finished 19th while Lester started 26th and placed 20th. Both were running at the finish of the race.
* Ten Raybestos® Rookies started last year's Rocky Mountain 200, with three finishing on the lead lap. Ricky Hendrick (fifth) was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race followed by Matt Crafton (sixth) and Travis Kvapil (seventh).
* Hendrick and Kvapil were the only two rookies who led the race and were two of the five total drivers to lead at least one lap. Both led the race once for two laps.
* Kvapil was the highest qualifying Raybestos® Rookie in last year's race, claiming the fourth starting position. Hendrick started ninth and Billy Bigley was tenth, giving the class three drivers who started in the top-10. <pre> RAYBESTOS® ROOKIE CONTENDER POINT STANDINGS
DRIVER POINTS Brendan Gaughan 44 Jason Small 40 Bill Lester 32 Trent Owens 26 Rodney Sawyers 18 Loni Richardson 16 Angie Wilson 13 Donnie Neuenberger 8 Randy Briggs 7 Dana White 3
HIGHEST FINISHING RAYBESTOS® ROOKIES BY RACE
EVENT HIGHEST FINISHING ROOKIE Florida Dodge Dealers 250 Jason Small, ninth Craftsman Anniversary 200 Trent Owens, 15th Advance Auto Parts 250 Brendan Gaughan, ninth Ram Tough 200 Brendan Gaughan, 11th