NOTES: * This week's race truck for the event at Lowe's Motor Speedway is Chassis No. 23-60. This is the same truck Johnny Benson drove to a third-place finish at California Speedway in February. * Back in Black and Blue... Exide will serve...
* This week's race truck for the event at Lowe's Motor Speedway is Chassis No. 23-60. This is the same truck Johnny Benson drove to a third-place finish at California Speedway in February.
* Back in Black and Blue... Exide will serve as the primary sponsor of Benson's No. 23 Toyota Tundra for the first time this year. Many Exide employees will tour Bill Davis Racing Headquarters in High Point, N.C., and participate in a go-kart outing with Benson before attending the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race this weekend.
* Home Sweet Home... Benson is excited about racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway because he will be able to sleep in his own bed the night before the race. Benson and his family reside in Charlotte.
* Last Year... Benson was in the third position and charging for the lead with just 12 laps to go last year in Charlotte. Unfortunately, his right front tire blew, sending him into the wall and out of the race.
* Off-time... Benson spent time during the past two weeks with his family and racing his Late Model Stock Car at his hometown racetrack in Berlin, Mich. Benson finished sixth in his race.
* BDR Stat... Last time out in Kansas, Bill Davis Racing started its 300th NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race. Over the years the dominating team has captured 17 wins, 79 top-five finishes, 123 top-10 finishes and 32 poles in 303 races.
* Listen and watch ... The North Carolina Education Lottery 200 is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. EST Friday, May 16. It will broadcast live on SPEED (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio (Ch. 128).
Johnny Benson on Racing at Lowe's Motor Speedway:
"I really like racing at Charlotte, not only because it is my home track, and I have a lot of family and friends there, but because it is a great track to race on. Charlotte is always pretty fast, and we always seem to put on a great show for the fans there as well. We have a long stretch coming up, and it is very important to get things kicked off running well starting at Charlotte. Hopefully we can do that this weekend for Bill and Gail Davis, as well as Exide Batteries."