Coca Cola Family 200 June 4-5, 1999 Bristol, Tennessee Butch Miller/Dana Racing Notes Butch...
Coca Cola Family 200 June 4-5, 1999 Bristol, Tennessee Butch Miller/Dana Racing Notes
Butch Miller's Bristol Motor Speedway NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Results
Date Start Finish Laps Status Money Won
6-23-95 5 3 150 of 150 Running $ 8,000 7-22-96 5 11 199 of 200 Running 5,500 6-21-97 18 20 196 of 200 Running 6,150 6-20-98 34 33 99 of 206 Accident 5,625
Total 644 of 756 (85.1%) $ 25,275
* High Hopes: Butch Miller's confidence is always high when he comes to race at the Bristol Motor Speedway. A big reason for this enthusiasm is his long history at the highbanked half-mile speedway. Miller won an American Speed Association (ASA) event in the mid 80s here when Kevin Hamlin, who works with Dale Earnhardt, was his crew chief. He also raced at Bristol in the NASCAR Busch Grand National Series and even made his NASCAR Winston Cup debut in 1986 at the track. In that 1986 event Miller started 16 finished 21 and earned $1,260. That was good but you can bet that Miller and Bobby Hamilton's Dana Racing team will be looking for a win, not just a good finish.
* Quick Truck: Butch Miller and the Dana Team will be taking the same truck "Goober" to Bristol this week that the team ran at I-70. Goober is also the same truck the team was ultra quick in this winter at the Bristol test. "This is a great truck," said Miller. "We had a truck that could have won last week but we had a few problems. That's why the team decided to bring it back this week and try again."
* Birthdays: Butch Miller will be racing hard for another reason this week at Bristol. It is his 47th birthday on June 5th, raceday at the Bristol Motor Speedway. He will also be trying to give his owner Bobby Hamilton a belated birthday present. Hamilton's birthday was this past Saturday the 29th of May.
* Running: Through 105 events in the history of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Butch Miller has finished 89 of them or 84.7%.
* Medical Update: Tough Trucks, Tough Drivers and Tough "crewmembers". Fabricator and rear tire changer on the #18 Dana Dodge, Dana Ebersole was forced to undergo surgery on his left eye over the week break to remove a small piece of metal. Ebersole missed one day at the shop but he will be in Bristol to perform his duties. It took one stitch in his eye to make the correction.