* The No. 51 team has three wins (March 2009, March 2008, October 2007) and one pole (March 2009) in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series competition at Atlanta Motor Speedway. * Almirola will be racing BBM chassis No. 32. The chassis has two ...
* The No. 51 team has three wins (March 2009, March 2008, October 2007) and one pole (March 2009) in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series competition at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
* Almirola will be racing BBM chassis No. 32. The chassis has two wins (Chicago 2009, Texas 2009) since its debut at Chicagoland Speedway last year.
* The Atlanta 200 will mark Almirola's fifth career start at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Almirola has one NSCS start, one NNS start and two NCWTS starts at the famed 1.5-mile oval prior to this weekend.
* Almirola's best finish at AMS came in 2006. Driving for Wayne Spears' NCWTS team, Almirola finished in 18th-place.
* In his 30 NCWTS starts at tracks one to two miles in length, Almirola has earned three top-fives and nine top-10 finishes.
Aric Almirola Comments on Atlanta 200 at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
"Man, I wish the Truck Series schedule was like the other NASCAR Series. I hate racing and then taking a few weeks off. I can't wait to get behind the wheel again. The AKawareness.com team has shown they're competitive week-in and week-out. I've got great equipment and great people to work with."
"It's great to race in Billy Ballew's hometown of Atlanta. Where better than here to bring home a victory for Billy? His teams have had a lot of success there. I know that we'll be strong this weekend. The AKawareness.com team has a winning tradition at Atlanta, and I hope to keep it up.
"The track is one of a kind; you can race on the bottom or up against the wall. It gives you an opportunity to find the line that suits the truck the best. It's such a fast track. It's definitely a 'hold your breath' track. There's great side-by-side racing and it seems like the finishes always come down to the wire. It's going to be exciting for sure."
-source: billy ballew motorsport