AJ ALLMENDINGER -- No. 44 STANLEY DODGE CHARGER * Allmendinger started 18th and finished 13th * Now 24th in points. * Ran in the top15 throughout race. * Suffered with new tires but faster than other cars on long runs. * No. 44 team ...
AJ ALLMENDINGER -- No. 44 STANLEY DODGE CHARGER
* Allmendinger started 18th and finished 13th
* Now 24th in points.
* Ran in the top15 throughout race.
* Suffered with new tires but faster than other cars on long runs.
* No. 44 team performed quick pit stops throughout race.
* Allmendinger was second highest finishing Dodge driver.
AJ ALLMENDINGER (No. 44 Stanley Tools Dodge Charger) "We went with fuel strategy and really didn't want to gamble on the yellows. It worked out well. We tried to put new tires on and it took like 15 laps for the car to come to us. We put on scuffs at the end and that was way better. That might have been the way to go. Overall, against the guys racing around us in points, it was a good day."
KASEY KAHNE -- No. 9 BUDWEISER DODGE CHARGER
* Kahne started 12th and finished 17th
* Kahne dropped a spot to eighth in the championship point standings.
* On lap 63, Kahne and Sam Hornish made contact triggering an accident involving hard crashes for Hornish, Jeff Burton and Jeff Gordon.
* All drivers were unhurt and Kahne's Dodge suffered minimal damage.
* Race was red flagged for 19 minutes. .
"The Budweiser Dodge was pretty good today. We just fought loose all day long. I feel really bad about that deal there with Sam (Hornish). I went down into the corner and got loose and he was there. I'm not sure he even knew I was there but it's not good for those guys and I know 'sorry' doesn't fix it. Overall, that's the best I could do today. It's tough to pass here, especially when you are back in the middle of the pack."
REED SORENSON -- No. 43 McDONALD'S DODGE CHARGER
* Sorenson started 29th and finished 31st.
* Racing on lap 42 when Dale Earnhardt Jr. suffered brake failure and slammed into Sorenson sending both off the track into tire barrier.
* Sorenson made repairs on pit lane and returned to the track.
* Eventually forced to garage for repairs and returned in the closing laps.
* Gained three spots on the final lap because of work by crew to return him to the track at the end of the race.
REED SORENSON (No. 43 McDonald's Dodge Charger) "We were biding our time today and just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I think (Dale Earnhardt) Jr. had a brake problem and just got us; nothing he could do. The crew worked really hard and got the car back on the track and I think we made up three positions in the final lap. We didn't have a good day in the McDonald's Dodge, but we made it better than what it could have been."
ELLIOTT SADLER -- No. 19 BEST BUY DODGE CHARGER
* Sadler started 19th and finished 32nd .
* Ran in top 15 for most of the race.
* Wheel hop on lap 70 sent No. 19 into a spin. Patrick Carpentier was tapped by another car and slammed into left rear of the No. 19.
* Went to garage for repairs before returning to the track in the closing laps.
* Finished 12 laps behind leader.
ELLIOTT SADLER (No. 19 Best Buy Dodge Charger) "I just messed up. It was 100 percent driver error. The car wheel-hopped getting into (Turn) One. I'm sorry for my guys and Best Buy. I should have had at least a 13th or 14th like we usually run here. I put us in a hole today. Our pit strategy was good. We were exactly where we wanted to be. I'm man enough to say it was 100 percent my fault. I just have to make up for it next week."