* Kyle Busch maintains the Sprint Cup Series points lead for the 12th consecutive week, dating back to Richmond (5/3/08). * Kyle has two road race wins already this year -- Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (NNS 4/20/08), Infineon Raceway...
* Kyle Busch maintains the Sprint Cup Series points lead for the 12th consecutive week, dating back to Richmond (5/3/08).
* Kyle has two road race wins already this year -- Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (NNS 4/20/08), Infineon Raceway (NSCS 6/22/08).
* Kyle has two top-10 starts and two top-10 finishes in his previous two starts at Watkins Glen.
* The No. 18 Team will be bringing the same chassis (#178) to The Glen that they won with at Infineon in June earlier this season.
Busch Quotes for week leading up to the Centurion Boats at the Glen at Watkins Glen International
How do you bounce back from your second tough weekend in Pocono?
"Just get back to racing. That's all you can do. Last week was a tough break for us with the fuel deal there at the end. We didn't have a whole lot of fun either time at Pocono this year, but we've just got to put that behind us and move on to Watkins Glen. There are a lot of good racers out there and it's a challenge every week. We've just got to stick to our game plan and we should be in good shape. One positive from last weekend was that we were able to take away some new information that should help us as we get closer to the Chase."
What do you think it's going to take to grab your second road course win of the season?
"It's going to take a lot of hard work from everyone on the team, that's for sure. That win in Sonoma wasn't easy at all. We were miserable in practice and had some things go wrong for us in qualifying. But it was all the hard work from all my guys that got us back on track for the race and got us pointed in the right direction. In a road race, once the green flag falls, you've just got to stick to your strategy and hope everything works out in your favor. For me it's kind of fun. You know, I like road racing. It didn't in the beginning. I wasn't very good at it, but sort of gotten a little bit better since at it. Luckily we won this year's race at Infineon. That was cool and something special. We got the right breaks at the right time and had a fast car. Hopefully this time around at Watkins Glen we can do the same thing."
Primary Chassis #178: Best Start: 30th (Infineon -- 6/22/08)
Best Finish: 1st (Infineon --6/22/08)
Most Recent Result: 1st (Infineon -- 6/22/08)
Back-up Chassis #173: Best Start: 21st (Watkins Glen --8/12/07)
Best Finish: 18th (Watkins Glen -- 8/12/07)
Most Recent Result: Backup (Infineon -- 6/22/08)