KASEY KAHNE QUOTES "We had a good test at Watkins Glen with the Busch car. Competing in the Busch race provides seat time, more experience on the road course. Our program continues to improve. We had a great car at Indy. We're excited about...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
"We had a good test at Watkins Glen with the Busch car. Competing in the Busch race provides seat time, more experience on the road course. Our program continues to improve. We had a great car at Indy. We're excited about the next 15 races. We're back to the point where we expect to contend for the win each week. "
"We had a top-15 finish at Watkins Glen last year. I have more experience on the road course and Tommy (Baldwin, team director) and the Evernham Motorsports team have made improvements in our road course program."
RAY EVERNHAM ON INDIANAPOLIS FINISH:
"Kasey is a very competitive person. He wants to run up front. He wants to lead every lap. He wants to sit on every pole and he wants to win every race. That's what I love about the guy. He's got to make sure he doesn't let the frustration eat him up on the days he doesn't do that."
TOMMY BALDWIN ON ROAD COURSE RACING:
"Kasey has gained a lot of experience on the road courses and running the Busch race at Watkins Glen is certainly going to be a help. We have a lot of good information from the No. 19 test (two-day test by teammate Jeremy Mayfield). We hope we can put it all together and make a good run."
KASEY KAHNE AT WATKINS GLEN
* This weekend's race will be Kahne's second start at Watkins Glen International. He started 11th and finished 14th in his first career start at the 2.45-mile roadcourse last year.
* The 11th-place start and 14th-place finish are Nextel Cup Series career highs for Kahne on a roadcourse.
MOST RECENT RUN AT THE GLEN
* Kahne and the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge team achieved their goal of a top-15 finish at Watkins Glen in 2004. However, an even better finish was squandered when, on two occasions, Kahne was hindered exiting the pits because the competitor in the stall just in front of him stopped short in the adjacent box. During the first stop, Kahne had to back up before he could exit, costing him positions despite quick service by the No. 9 Dew Crew.
No. 9 SUCCESS AT THE BRICKYARD
* Kahne finished second in last week's Allstate 400 at the Brickyard and posted his second consecutive top-five finish at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The finish was Kahne's best since his win at Richmond in May.
KAHNE CHARGES TO VICTORY AT RICHMOND!!!
* Kahne claimed his first NASCAR Nextel Cup Series victory at Richmond this year. He started from the pole position, led seven times for 242 laps, and never fell out of the top ten, en route to his first career victory.
* Kahne's win was also the first of the season for the new Dodge Charger, which returned this year after a 27-year hiatus from NASCAR's premier series.
RICHMOND WIN MILESTONES
* Kahne's win was the sixth win for Evernham Motorsports, marking the fifth consecutive year that an Evernham Dodge has visited victory lane.
* Kahne also joined an exclusive club of 13 drivers to earn career wins in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck, Busch and Cup series.
* Kahne became the 11th driver to win from the pole position at Richmond, the last of whom was Bill Elliott who won from the top spot in spring of 1992.