Jeremy Mayfield * The Glen's Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 9 this weekend at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International. This is the same car the team ran at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., earlier this season. The team...
* The Glen's Camry...The 360 OTC Racing team will utilize chassis No. 9 this weekend at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International. This is the same car the team ran at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., earlier this season. The team has also tested this car several times at [Alton] Virginia International Raceway.
* Mayfield's Career Stats...Jeremy Mayfield hopes to make his 412th career NASCAR Nextel Cup Series start when he takes the green flag for the event Sunday afternoon. Mayfield made his first career Cup Series start in October 1993 at Lowe's Motor Speedway and finished 25th (qualified ninth) in his first Cup Series start at WGI in 1995.
* Mayfield at Watkins Glen...Mayfield has made 10 starts on the 2.45-mile road course during his Cup Series career and has started inside the top 15 on three occasions. He has earned two top-10 finishes and five top-15 finishes at the New York track.
* BDR at WGI...Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at the track since 1993 and have made 18 starts. Those drivers have posted one top-five finish and three top-10 finishes.
* Practice Makes Perfect...Mayfield spent Tuesday, July 31, testing at Virginia International Raceway in preparation for this event. He will head to [Newton] Iowa Speedway next Wednesday for a one-day test at that track.
* Extracurricular Activities...Mayfield will spend Friday night at Black Rock Speedway for the annual Nextel Cup Drivers Challenge, which benefits Chemung ARC and the Spaulding Foundation. Mayfield will join David Reutimann, Boris Said, Tommy Baldwin and Martin Truex, among others, for a night of racing at the Dundee, N.Y., track.
* More Dirt Track Fun...Mayfield is scheduled to join teammate Dave Blaney at Sharon Speedway in Hartford, Ohio, Tuesday Aug. 14, for the "NASCAR Duel on the Sharon Speedway Dirt." Other scheduled participants include Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer. The racers will get drive e-mods on the 3/8-mile dirt track, which Blaney owns. Visit www.sharonspeedway.com for more information.
* Watkins Glen's Broadcast Schedule...Qualifying for Sunday afternoon's event is scheduled to start at 3:10 p.m. ET Friday, Aug. 10. The 90-lap event is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET Sunday, Aug. 12, and will broadcast LIVE on ESPN (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Jeremy Mayfield on This Weekend..."We're excited about getting to Watkins Glen. I didn't race at Sonoma, so I'm looking forward to some road-course racing, especially since the results were pretty good the last couple of times I've been there. We've done a lot of testing to get ready for this weekend, and I think our 360 OTC Racing Toyota should be pretty good, but we'll need to make sure that we stay out of trouble and get in a good qualifying lap Friday, obviously. That's the first thing to worry about, and then we'll be able to concentrate on getting the car where we need it on raceday. Everyone is working really hard to get this program on track -- we've thrown everything but the kitchen sink at it -- and we're slowly making progress. It would be nice to be able to flip a switch and make it all better, but that's not realistic at this point. We've got great people in place right now and great equipment to work with, so it's really just a matter of getting everything working together. We'll get there, I'm sure."