HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #310. This is the same car the team finished 20th with at Infineon Raceway back in June.
* McMurray is making his NASCAR Winston Cup Series debut this weekend at Watkins Glen International. McMurray has competed previously at The Glen in the NASCAR Busch Series and finished 14th (7/8/01).
* McMurray enters the Sirius at the Glen 21st in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently sits second in the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray was the Raybestos® Rookie of the Race in the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway last weekend. McMurray finished third and scored the best finish by a rookie in the history of the Brickyard 400. He also led the race twice for a total of 22 laps and became the first Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap in the Brickyard 400 since Kurt Busch and Kevin Harvick in 2001. He was the only Raybestos® Rookie to lead a lap in the race. McMurray took top rookie honors for the eighth time this season.
* McMurray has more top-fives (three) and top-10 finishes (five) than any other Raybestos® Rookie this season.
* McMurray has led more miles than any other Raybestos® Rookie entering the race at Watkins Glen: 10 times in four races for 152.25 miles (74 laps).
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"Coming off our strong run last weekend at Indy, I can't wait to get back to the race track. Everyone on the Havoline team is pumped up about our run last weekend and I think we'll carry that momentum into this weekend."
"I've run at Watkins Glen once before in the Busch Series back in 2001, so at least I've already seen the place. We're taking the same car we ran at Sonoma back in June. If I can keep it on the track and we can get good track position, I think we'll have a solid run at The Glen this weekend."