Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Home123/Texaco/Havoline Dodge Home123 Team Fast Facts: * 100 and Counting: McMurray will make his 100th career NEXTEL Cup Series start when he takes the green flag for this weekend's race at Watkins Glen. The Joplin,...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Home123/Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Home123 Team Fast Facts:
* 100 and Counting: McMurray will make his 100th career NEXTEL Cup Series start when he takes the green flag for this weekend's race at Watkins Glen. The Joplin, Mo., native recorded his first series win in just his second start subbing for injured teammate Sterling Marlin at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Oct. 13, 2002. McMurray holds the modern-era record for the quickest driver to win a NEXTEL Cup Race. To date he has amassed one win, 19 top-five finishes, 45 top-10 finishes and two pole positions. McMurray has led a total of 442 laps of Nextel Cup Series competition.
* Paint Scheme: The No. 42 Dodge will sport the Home123 paint scheme this weekend at Watkins Glen. Home123 is one of the country's largest providers of home mortgage loans. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Home123 is a subsidiary of New Century Financial Corporation, a publicly traded company (NYSE: NEW). Since being founded in 1995, Home123 has originated over $70 billion in mortgage loans. To find our more about Home123 or New Century, please visit www.Home123.com or www.ncen.com.
* Race for the Chase: Jamie McMurray and the No. 42 Team remain 11th in the standings for the 2005 "Chase for the NEXTEL Cup" after their 17th-place finish in the last event at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. They are only 12 points out of 10th, 171 out of fifth place and 448 out of the lead heading into the 22nd race of the season. There are only five races remaining before the cut off for "The Chase".
* Extra Man: McMurray and his Cup Series teammates Casey Mears and Sterling Marlin will have a fourth teammate this weekend in Scott Pruett. Pruett, currently second in points in the GrandAm Rolex Series with co-driver Luis Diaz, will pilot the No. 39 Target Dodge at Watkins Glen.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Home123 Team will bring chassis #310 to Watkins Glen this weekend. This is the same car McMurray piloted to a 13th-place finish in the first and only other road course event of the season at Infineon Raceway. The team also used this car in both road course events last season posting a runner-up finish at Infineon and a 13th-place effort at Watkins Glen
* Testing Home123: McMurray and the No. 42 team tested in the Home123 Dodge at Watkins Glen International on Aug. 1 and 2 in preparation for this weekend's race.
Jamie McMurray on the Watkins Glen:
"This weekend's race at Watkins Glen is extremely important for us, just as all the rest before the cut off for 'The Chase'. We're hanging right around the top 10, but I believe this is going to be one of those events that could be a make or break for some of the teams in the same position we are. There are a lot of unknowns at road courses because we don't run them very often.
"The keys to being successful at Watkins Glen are qualifying well, keeping yourself up front with solid pit strategy and staying on the course. If you can do all of that, you're almost guaranteed to have a good finish. We had a solid test there last week, so hopefully we've done a good job of applying what we learned and the car will be fast once we unload it on Friday. We've run okay there in the past, but it's imperative for us to have a top-10 run there this weekend."