Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light team are taking chassis #203 to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. This is the first time this season that the team is using this chassis.
* Top 5 Finishes: Marlin has posted two top-five finishes this season after not having any last season.
* Texas Motor Speedway: Marlin's has posted three top-10 finishes in seven races at Texas Motor Speedway.
* Qualifying at Texas: Marlin's highest qualifying effort at Texas Motor Speedway has been 20th which he did in 2002. That same year he finished the race seventh.
* Way to Go Pit Crew!: The Coors Light pit crew claimed first prize and the $20,000 weekly check for winning the McDonald's Drive-Thru Pit Championship fueled by POWERade in Sunday's race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
* Leading the Pack: Last week at Bristol Marlin led for 67 laps. Marlin only led one other lap this season and that was at Darlington earlier this month. In his seven races at Texas, Marlin has led only eight laps total.
* A Year Gone By: At this point of the season last year Marlin was 22nd in championship points standings.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's fourth place finish at Bristol last weekend vaulted him into the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Top 10. He improved six positions from last week. This is the first time since last July after Chicago that Marlin has been in the top 10.
* Don't forget to vote!: Currently fans have the opportunity to vote for one of three different No. 40 Prilosec OTC paint schemes, to be run later this season, on www.prilosecotc.com.