Target Team Fast Facts: * Texas Tidbits: Sorenson has two Busch Series starts at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS), both of which came during his rookie season in '05. He has two top-five finishes at the 1.5 mile speedway (third in Apr.,...
Target Team Fast Facts:
* Texas Tidbits: Sorenson has two Busch Series starts at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS), both of which came during his rookie season in '05. He has two top-five finishes at the 1.5 mile speedway (third in Apr., fourth in Nov.), an average finish of 3.5 and an average start of 12th. Sorenson led a total of 31 laps in both events at Texas last season.
* Standings Update: The Target team moved up three positions to 24th in the overall standings after its 12th-place effort in last weekend's event at Martinsville. Sorenson and the team are just 20 points out of 20th and 147 out of the top 10.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target Team have selected chassis #606 for this weekend's race at TMS. This is a new car that will see competition for the first time this weekend.
* Rookie Round Up: Sorenson captured Raybestos Rookie of the Race honors for the second time this season and twice in the last three races at the conclusion of the Martinsville event. He currently sits fifth in the rookie standings with 51 points and is only nine points behind leader Clint Bowyer. Sorenson also captured Rookie of the Race honors at his hometown track of Atlanta Motor Speedway on Mar. 20.
* Busch Series Update: The Busch Series had the past weekend off and heads to Texas for its seventh race of the season. The No. 41 Discount Tire team is currently 19th in the overall standings and they are 102 points out of the top 10.
* Discount Tire Appearance: On Wed., Apr. 6, Sorenson will be signing autographs at the Discount Tire location in the Grapevine Mills Mall area from 4:30-6 pm CT. Address: 2405 Grapevine Mills Circle, Grapevine, TX 76051
Reed Sorenson on Texas Motor Speedway...
"The Target team has been looking forward to Texas since the start of the season. We're taking a new race car that we think is going to be extremely fast. We haven't tested it on track, but it has great downforce numbers and it's very similar in design to chassis 206 that we finished 10th with at Atlanta a few weeks ago and that Casey ran so well with last year. There are obviously some unknowns because it hasn't been on track yet, but Jimmy (Elledge) and the Target team know how to get a car going fast around Texas Motor Speedway. Casey finished fourth in both races there last year, so that gives me a lot of confidence heading into this weekend's race.
"We're coming off a strong run at Martinsville last week, and that has the team pumped up heading to Texas. Hopefully we can carry that momentum into the next few events and keep gaining positions in the point standings."