Kenseth on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "Texas to me is a track that's more about real racing and making sure that you have a car that handles better than the rest of the guys, so that you can make sure you're the fastest car around the ...
Kenseth on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Texas to me is a track that's more about real racing and making sure that you have a car that handles better than the rest of the guys, so that you can make sure you're the fastest car around the track every lap. I'm a little unsure about how the spoiler change may effect the racing action this weekend heading into Texas. I don't foresee any big changes, but we won't know until we get all the cars on track for practice. Texas is a track that I really enjoy a lot and we've been very successful here, so I always look forward to racing at Texas Motor Speedway."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"There is a new tire for this weekend at Texas, as well as the fact that we're running the spoiler for the first time, so there are a lot of unknowns this weekend. The guys in our engineering and wind tunnel programs have put in countless hours to make sure that we have as much data as we head into this 1.5-mile high-banked track. We're taking the same car we ran at Las Vegas and I have a lot of confidence in that car since we ran up front all day. I love Texas and have been fortunate enough to have won some races there, so I'm optimistic for this weekend."
* In 15 Cup starts at Texas, Kenseth has completed 4,970 of 5,020 laps (99.0 percent) and led for 497
* Kenseth has led in 10 of his 15 starts at Texas, and in eight of the last ten races
* Kenseth's 497 laps led are the most in TMS history
* Kenseth has an average starting position of 17.7 and an average finishing position of 9.3 at Texas
* Kenseth's average finish of 9.3 at TMS is the best in the track's history with Cup series drivers
* Kenseth has earned one win, seven top-fives and ten top-10's at Texas in the Cup series
* Kenseth is tied for the most top fives (7) and the most top 10's (10) in Cup action at Texas
* This weekend at Texas, Kenseth will pilot the No. 17 Crown Royal Black Ford Fusion
* Entering the Samsung Mobile 500 at Texas, Kenseth is currently second in the NSCS driver point standings