FAST FACTS * Matt Kenseth will make his 12th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) this weekend in the Samsung 500. * In 11 starts, Kenseth has posted one win, five top-five and six top-10 finishes. His average start at...
* Matt Kenseth will make his 12th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) this weekend in the Samsung 500.
* In 11 starts, Kenseth has posted one win, five top-five and six top-10 finishes. His average start at the 1.5-mile oval is 19.9, his average finish is 10.3.
* Kenseth has completed 3629 of 3679 (98.6%) laps attempted at TMS -- he has led a total of 374 laps there.
* Since the beginning of 2005, Kenseth has a Driver Rating of 103.2, an Average Running Position of 10.4, 92 Fastest Laps Run and has spent 72.5% of the laps in the top 15. All those figures rank in the top five during that span.
* Runner Up...In Kenseth's last five finishes at TMS, he has finished outside of the top three only once and has posted three second-place finishes.
* After last week's 30th-place finish at Martinsville Speedway, Kenseth and the No. 17 team fell from 11th to 15th in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings. Kenseth is currently 238 points behind the leader, Jeff Burton.
Kenseth on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"I always look forward to racing at Texas -- especially after Martinsville and the troubles we had there. Texas is nothing like Martinsville. It's fast, there are several grooves and the racing is a lot of fun. So, to say the least, I'm ready to race there.
"Texas is fast and since the pavement has aged a little bit, there are multiple grooves. You can move around a lot more -- especially with the new cars. It's more challenging and a lot of fun for the driver. I'm sure the racing will be somewhat different with the new cars. We're bringing the car that I finished fifth with at Fontana earlier this year. I really like that car and have been happy with its performance so far. So, I'm expecting to unload and be competitive from the start. That makes it fun to come to the race track when you have that and hopefully we'll have that this weekend."
Crew Chief Chip Bolin on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"We're bringing RK-550 to Texas this weekend. The car we raced at Fontana and finished fifth with there. The car is seemingly really easy to work with and really responds to Matt's driving style. Texas is always a place I look forward to going. We typically have pretty good results on the track, but we generally eat very well there too. The bar-be-que, steak and fried chicken are second to none."