Kenseth on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "Texas is a really fast track and I love racing there. Any driver loves speed and Texas doesn't disappoint in that department. We've had some success there and I always feel going into the weekend that...
Kenseth on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Texas is a really fast track and I love racing there. Any driver loves speed and Texas doesn't disappoint in that department. We've had some success there and I always feel going into the weekend that we should be competing for the win. We'll be looking to rebound from last week where we had a good racecar but just lost the brakes there at the end. Still, we were running in the top ten all day, and just because something like that happened at the end, it doesn't break our momentum by any means."
Crew Chief Robbie Reiser on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Well, we're bringing a car that's been real good to us so far this year. It ran well at Fontana and Las Vegas and very easily could be sitting two for two on the season. Texas has been good to us during our career and hopefully we can get back on the right track this weekend. The mood in the shop has remained real upbeat. We were in before sun up on Monday breaking down the Martinsville car, putting that behind us and focusing on Texas. So, I don't expect to see any kind of let down on this team."
* Matt Kenseth is the all-time lap leader at Texas Motor Speedway in NASCAR competition, leading 571 laps total; 299 in NEXTEL Cup and 272 in Busch.
* In nine Busch Series starts at Texas, Kenseth has an average finish of 7.0.
* Kenseth is running chassis number 323 which so far this season has led 186 laps, won at Fontana and finished second at Las Vegas.
* Until his accident on lap 493 at Martinsville last week, Kenseth had completed every lap of the 2006 season (2042 laps to that point).
* Kenseth will be running the Carhartt paint scheme this weekend; the first of three races in which Kenseth will carry the Carhartt colors (Michigan 6/18, Charlotte 10/14).
* Kenseth enters the second round of the 2006 Crown Royal IROC Series as the point leader after dominating round one at Daytona in February. Kenseth, the 2004 IROC Champion, has 29 points and leads second place Sam Hornish Jr. by 12.