Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 9 Budweiser Ford, enters the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway looking to turn his team's year around after a rough start to the 2010 season.
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 9 Budweiser Ford, enters the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway looking to turn his team's year around after a rough start to the 2010 season. With seven races in the books thus far, the No. 9 team has scored one top five and two top-10 finishes, but has four finishes of 30th or worse. Kahne will try to turn things around this weekend as he returns to a track where he visited Victory Lane in 2006.
* Before traveling to Texas, Kahne will visit San Francisco to participate in a skills challenge with Aaron Rowand, center fielder for the Giants. The event will include Kahne taking a swing at playing baseball and he will share racing tips with Rowand before the two compete in a remote-controlled car race.
* While in Texas, Kahne will visit Fort Hood on Friday for a Budweiser One Night Stand event for nearly 3,000 soldiers stationed at the base. Located in Killeen, Texas, Fort Hood is the largest active duty armored post in the United States Armed Forces. Kahne will unveil a special program that will benefit the USO, and the evening will also feature a performance by country musician Kevin Fowler. In addition, Texas Motor Speedway has provided the base with 500 tickets for soldiers to enjoy Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
* Chris Sweeny, transporter driver for the No. 9 Budweiser team, will return to his home state of Texas this weekend. Sweeny hails from the small town of Haslet, located less than 10 miles from Texas Motor Speedway.
* Follow along each weekend with Kahne and the team on Twitter. Check
out @kaseykahne for behind-the-scenes information straight from the
driver of the No. 9 Budweiser Ford. Get live updates from the track
each weekend from @kk9team, the PR team for Kahne. Also, follow
RPMotorsports for additional information about the Richard Petty Motorsports organization.
* Become a fan of Budweiser on Facebook. Exclusive information on Kasey and the No. 9 Budweiser Ford Team can be found on the Budweiser Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/Budweiser.
Kasey Kahne discusses racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "I can't wait for Texas. To me, that's one of the best tracks we go to. The fans are great, the facility is awesome and everybody treats you good there. It's an awesome place. We've won there in the past and qualified well. I look forward to going there and hopefully having a really good race."
On running the spoiler at Texas Motor Speedway: "I'm looking forward to it. Some of the cars have already tested there and didn't say there was a huge difference. We (tested) at Charlotte and it didn't seem like there was a huge difference. Once we get racing together and have a lot of cars on the track, whether it's Sunday during the race or Saturday's final practice, I think we're going to all learn more than what we know right now. I'm kind of looking forward to that to really see what it changes, because it has to change something when you're around 42 other cars."