Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * Kasey Kahne makes his 10th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) this weekend. * Kahne is currently ninth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings,...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* Kasey Kahne makes his 10th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) this weekend.
* Kahne is currently ninth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings, five points behind eighth place Carl Edwards.
* Kahne scored a win at TMS during the spring race in 2006 after starting from the pole. He led 63 laps en route to the victory.
* In nine starts at TMS, Kahne has accrued one win, two top-five and two top-10 finishes.
* Kahne has an average start of 14th and an average finish of 23rd at TMS.
* In nine starts at the 1.5-mile oval, Kahne has posted four top-five starting positions and led 213 laps.
Kahne discusses racing in the Samsung 500 at Texas Motor Speedway:
Talk about racing at Texas motor Speedway. "I always like coming here to race. I won here in 2006 and think I can get a racecar around here pretty good. Hopefully we can qualify well and start up near the front. Clean air is always important at Texas, especially with these cars. We were a top-12 car here in the fall before we had an unscheduled pit stop because of a vibration. I think we should be pretty competitive on Sunday."
What makes Texas different than other 1.5-mile tracks? "Getting into Turn One can be tricky. It is real flat and then as you are coming into the corner, you get into the banking. It's almost like you fall into the corner at 190 miles per hour. Turn Three is similar but it is not as drastic. It is a difficult place to get your car to handle the way you want. It is a great track, but you really need your car to handle well on entry to be competitive."
Statistically you have a lot of strong race tracks coming up on the schedule. "I feel like we have some good finishes coming. We had a rough weekend in Martinsville and missed the setup a bit, but overall we've gained a lot of momentum in the last few races and I look forward to some great results. So far this year the Budweiser Team has been very consistent, we've done everything we can to get the best finish when possible. "