The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * Joey Logano will make his second trip to Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) in a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car this weekend for the Samsung 500. This is the first time Logano will see a track for the second time...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* Joey Logano will make his second trip to Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) in a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car this weekend for the Samsung 500. This is the first time Logano will see a track for the second time in a Home Depot Toyota in his young career. After finishing fourth in the Nationwide race at the 1.5-mile track in November, Logano and the No. 02 team took to the track for the Cup event on Sunday. He completed 327 out of 334 laps in the 500-mile race. This will be his first race at TMS with crew chief Greg Zipadelli and the No. 20 Home Depot Team.
* Meet Joey! Fans of Logano can meet him at The Home Depot Store #524 in Lewisville, Tex., on Wednesday, April 1 from 5 - 7 p.m. The store is located at 901 N. Stemmons Pkwy., in Lewisville. There will be a children's workshop, photo opportunities with the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota and an autograph signing by Logano.
* The Home Depot Racing Team and crew chief Zipadelli have 14 starts at TMS. The team has one win, an average start of 21.1 and an average finish of 13.2. In last year's Samsung 500 the team started from the 20th position and finished the 500-mile race in seventh.
* About last week: Despite the limited amount of time on the track with practice canceled on Saturday, Logano was running in the top 25 when the right-front tire blew on lap 186. Logano brought the car to pit road under green-flag conditions and lost three laps getting fresh tires on the No. 20 Toyota Camry. He took the checkered flag in the 32nd position and held on to the 34th position in the NASCAR Sprint Cup owner standings.
* Logano earned Raybestos Rookie of the Race honors for the fourth time in six races last weekend in Martinsville. Logano increased his lead to two points (64-62) over Scott Speed. Last year's top rookie finished 28th in the April event at Texas.
Logano Discusses Racing at Texas:
"Texas will be a big weekend for The Home Depot Team. This will be the first track I've gone back to in a Cup car. Even though we didn't have a great race last year, I will be able to take some of the stuff that I learned and use it this weekend. Plus, the teamwork is getting better every week with Zippy (crew chief Zipadelli) and the guys. Last week the team made the car so much better throughout the race that I was able to run with the top-10 guys.
"Texas, the track itself, is pretty cool. It's really fast. You don't realize how fast you are going when you get into Turn 1 and how much the banking drops off in 2. You can move all over the track, so it makes for great racing. I remember last year in the Nationwide race there were five of us racing door-to-door. That makes for great racing."