HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis ...
HAVOLINE TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Havoline team will race chassis #304. This is the same car McMurray finished fifth (5th) with at North Carolina Speedway earlier this season.
* McMurray will be making his first NASCAR Winston Cup Series start at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. He has four previous starts at Texas Motor Speedway with a best finish of 14th (Trucks - 6/9/00).
* McMurray will be pulling double duty at Texas, as he will compete in Saturday's Busch Series race before jumping behind the wheel of the No. 42 Havoline Dodge in Sunday's Winston Cup Series race.
* McMurray and the Havoline team come to Texas 26th in NASCAR Winston Cup Series points and currently lead the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year standings.
* McMurray finished 11th last weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway after starting 43rd.
JAMIE MCMURRAY QUOTES:
"Texas is definitely a track where all the elements that go into making a great race car are crucial. You have to have a strong motor, a good down force body, and a chassis that is adjustable to the track changes."
"We're taking the car that we finished fifth with at Rockingham earlier this year and it's probably my favorite car in our stable at the moment. It just feels comfortable to drive and it should be very good this weekend at Texas."
"This Havoline team heads into Texas coming off a solid run this past weekend in Bristol where we finished 11th. I wrecked our primary car on Friday, but this team rallied to get the backup car prepared and with everyone's determination we were able to take the Havoline Dodge to the front of the field and I think that showed how strong this team really is."
"Texas is always fun to come to because the race fans are so excited to have us there. This is also a neat weekend for me because my immediate family will be attending the race and we'll get a chance to catch up and see one another, which is rare these days with my schedule."