McMurray on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "Roush Fenway's 1.5-mile program has always been good, so heading to Texas this weekend should be a great weekend for our entire organization. I feel that our group of drivers here at Roush Fenway ...
McMurray on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Roush Fenway's 1.5-mile program has always been good, so heading to Texas this weekend should be a great weekend for our entire organization. I feel that our group of drivers here at Roush Fenway seem to suit those 1.5-mile tracks really well, and because of that, our group seems to always perform well at these types of tracks. I just think that Texas is a great track for us and I'm sure that we'll see similar performances this weekend. Texas is my best-finishing track on the Cup circuit right now as well. In the 2008 November race, we finished third and that started our streak of third-place finishes for the final three races of the season. Texas is a fun track for me and I always like racing here, so I know that we'll get a great finish out of our Valvoline/Sears Auto Center Ford on Sunday."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"Texas is a bit different than the other 1.5-mile tracks we race at during the season. Turn 4 falls off a bit more than other tracks, and Turn 2 is a real tight corner that you've really got to get your car turning well off of, or else you'll slide up into the wall. Roush Fenway Racing has a great track record at 1.5-mile speedways and this is Jamie's (McMurray) best track for finishes at right now, so we should have a great weekend at Texas. I enjoy going to Texas because our cars perform really well there and the car we're bringing with us this week is the same car Jamie finished third with last November." J
* Jamie McMurray has 10 career Cup starts at Texas Motor Speedway in which he averages a 27.7 starting position and a 12.7 average finishing position
* Texas Motor Speedway ranks as McMurray's best-finishing track on the Sprint Cup circuit
* This weekend McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Valvoline/Sears Auto Center Ford Fusion
* This car is the same car that McMurray last raced at Texas in November 2008 which was the start of his streak of finishing third for the last three races of the 2008 season
* McMurray has achieved three Top-5 finishes and six Top-10 finishes at Texas