Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Rich in Tradition: The first of four special "Shine On" paint schemes will adorn the No. 42 Dodge driven by Jamie McMurray this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. The Texas "Shine On" paint scheme logo, which...
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Rich in Tradition: The first of four special "Shine On" paint schemes will adorn the No. 42 Dodge driven by Jamie McMurray this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. The Texas "Shine On" paint scheme logo, which was used from 1913 to 1935, incorporates the language of "The Texas Oil Company." It also pays tribute to the many Texaco and Havoline employees and retirees who call Texas home.
* Championship Standings: McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline Team remain 15th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup standings after a 25th-place finish at Martinsville Speedway. McMurray and the team sit just 78 points out of the NASCAR Top 10.
* Texas Facts: McMurray has captured top-10 finishes in both starts in the NEXTEL Cup Series at Texas Motor Speedway. After qualifying mid-pack in the 2003 and 2004 races in Ft. Worth, McMurray drove the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge to 10th-place honors in both events.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team will be taking chassis #403 to Texas Motor Speedway to race for the fourth time already this season. McMurray has piloted chassis #403 at Fontana, Las Vegas and Atlanta in 2005. His best finish this season in this chassis is a fourth-place effort at California Speedway.
* The Joplin, Mo. native finished 11th in points in the 2004 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series chase. He posted nine top-five and 23 top-10 finishes, including 12 top-10 finishes in the last 14 events of the 2004 season.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
On Texas Motor Speedway
"It's a fast and smooth track. There are only two bumps, one off turn two and one off turn four. You run your car as soft as you can there. It's crazy because you run wide open for so long and feel so much speed. We're going there twice this year, so whether we like it or not, we'd better learn to like it. We've been fortunate that it has been a pretty good track for the Texaco/Havoline team in the past."
On "Shine On" Paint Schemes
"These are cool retro paint schemes. The four paint schemes pay tribute to Texaco/Havoline's history. The fact that the star is one of the most recognizable symbols in racing proves how successful they have been. I hope the fans that have followed Texaco/Havoline for the past 18 years in the sport, and especially the people in Texas this weekend, enjoy these as much as the team and I do."