TRAVIS KVAPIL, YATES RACING No. 28 Academy Sports + Outdoors Ford Fusion Travis Kvapil on Texas: "Texas Motor Speedway is one of my favorite speedways to race at. I actually got my first Truck Series win there in 2001 so Texas is always a ...
TRAVIS KVAPIL, YATES RACING
No. 28 Academy Sports + Outdoors Ford Fusion
Travis Kvapil on Texas:
"Texas Motor Speedway is one of my favorite speedways to race at. I actually got my first Truck Series win there in 2001 so Texas is always a special place for me. We're going to take a brand new car with us this weekend so the important part for us will be to make sure that we get the car dialed in during our practice sessions. It's just exciting to go back to Texas and I really like the race track because the fans there are always so welcoming. We also get to represent Academy Sports + Outdoors again and I'm hopeful that they'll help us secure another pole award. Texas does present a few challenges and one of those is the fact that the groove off Turn 2 is pretty narrow so you have to make sure your car handles well in the turns. Racing at Texas just gets better every time we go there and I'm really looking forward to this weekend."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on Texas:
"Heading to Texas this weekend means that we're continuing our latest run of racing at 1.5-mile tracks, so we have to take what we've been able to learn for the past couple of weeks at other 1.5-mile tracks and apply it to this weekend. We're actually taking a brand new car so I'm interested to see how it shakes down during our first practice session. Travis (Kvapil) really enjoys racing at Texas and we also have Academy Sports + Outdoors back on our car, so hopefully all of these aspects will allow us to have a great weekend. The keys to success at Texas are having a car that's snug getting into the corners as well as one that also turns well from the center out."
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Kvapil will sign autographs at the Ford Racing merchandise trailer on Sunday, November 2nd at 10:30a.m.
* Kvapil has an average starting position of 35.8, and an average finish of 25.4 at Texas
* Kvapil has completed 1,637 of 1,680 career laps at Texas (97.4 percent)
* Kvapil's best start at Texas is from 25th which he achieved in the 2005 Samsung/Radio Shack 500
* Kvapil's best finish at Texas is 18th which he accomplished in the 2008 Samsung 500
* Kvapil achieved his first career win in the Craftsman Truck Series at Texas in the 2001 Silverado 350
* Kvapil will drive the No. 09 entry for Roush Fenway Racing in the Craftsman Truck Series this weekend
Chassis #473 is the chassis the No. 28 Academy Sports + Outdoors team will be running this weekend for the Dickies 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. This is a brand new chassis for the team.