No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Let Hunting Season Begin: Deer hunting season kicks off in Texas this Saturday and the Coors Light Dodge is dressing for the occasion. Sterling Marlin's No. 40 will sport a camouflage paint scheme this weekend for the...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Let Hunting Season Begin: Deer hunting season kicks off in Texas this Saturday and the Coors Light Dodge is dressing for the occasion. Sterling Marlin's No. 40 will sport a camouflage paint scheme this weekend for the Dickies 500. Along with the paint scheme, Coors Brewing Company launched a truly unique, one-of-a-kind package, the camouflage can. The 2005 Coors and Coors Light Camouflage Can is the ideal beer container for the American outdoorsman. This packaging will be available in certain markets through November 2005. NASCAR fans-be sure to pick up a case of 16-ounce Coors/Coors Light Camouflage Cans to complete your racing/hunting experience.
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #205 at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. Marlin piloted this car to 16th and 20th place finishes at Atlanta Motor Speedway and a 32nd-place finish at Dover.
* Earlier this season: Sterling Marlin and the Coors Light crew battled back from a loose wheel and going a lap down to finish fifth in the Samsung/Radio Shack 500 at Texas Motor Speedway. Marlin's fifth-place finish in April was his first top-five and third top-10 finish of the 2005 season. His Ganassi teammates Jamie McMurray and Casey Mears also finished in the top-five, second and fourth respectively.
* Texas Motor Speedway Stats: This weekend will be Marlin's 10th career start at TMS. His highest starting and finishing positions came in April of this season when he rolled off 13th and took the checkered flag fifth.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin is 30th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings after the Bass Pro Shops MBNA 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The No. 40 Dodge, however, is 26th in owner points.
* Safety First: This past weekend in Atlanta Marlin picked up the Nationwide Safe Move of the Race Award. He will be presented a check for $1,000 this weekend to be donated to the Speedway Children's Charities before the 334-lap event on Sunday. Marlin avoided the No. 37 car when it went flying up the track in front of him.
* These Boots are Made for Walking: Marlin will be making an appearance this Thursday at the Justin Boot store near Bryant Irvan and I20. He will be signing autographs and greeting fans from 5-6 p.m.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTES:
"Before the spring race here I had trouble at Texas Motor Speedway. All three Ganassi cars were good here and we are hoping to get another top-five finish this weekend. I would like to get a win in one of these final races in the Coors Light Dodge, and I think we have the strongest chance at Texas. I really liked the camouflage car when I ran it at Talladega and I look forward to driving it again this weekend."