McMurray on racing at Texas Motor Speedway: "We have a lot of momentum coming into this week after our win at Talladega, so I'm really looking forward to racing at Texas and seeing if we can stay on this streak. Roush Fenway's 1.5-mile program...
McMurray on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"We have a lot of momentum coming into this week after our win at Talladega, so I'm really looking forward to racing at Texas and seeing if we can stay on this streak. Roush Fenway's 1.5-mile program has always been good, and I feel that our group of drivers here at Roush Fenway seems to suit those 1.5-mile tracks really well. Because of that, our group seems to always perform well at these types of tracks. I just think that Texas is a great track for us and I'm sure that we'll see similar performances this weekend. Texas is my best-finishing track on the Cup circuit right now, and is just a fun track for me to come and race at throughout the season."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Texas Motor Speedway:
"We had a great weekend last week and my goal is to keep the momentum going for our Crown Royal team as we head to Texas. Last year, Jamie and the No. 26 team came to Texas and finished third in this race. That finish was followed up with two more third-place finishes to close out the season, so I have a feeling that if we keep this energy going, we could end the season on a great note. Roush Fenway Racing has a great track record at 1.5-mile speedways, so that helps us look ahead to Sunday's race with a lot of anticipation for another strong performance out of our team."
* McMurray enters this weekend's Dickies 500 fresh off a win at Talladega Superspeedway and hopes to claim back-to-back victories. In 2008, McMurray finished his season with three consecutive third-place finishes that started at Texas Motor Speedway
* Jamie McMurray has 11 career Cup starts at Texas Motor Speedway in which he averages a 28.5 starting position and a 15.0 average finishing position
* Texas Motor Speedway ranks as McMurray's best-finishing track on the Sprint Cup circuit
* This weekend McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* McMurray has achieved three top-5 finishes and six top-10 finishes at Texas
* Entering this weekend's race, McMurray is currently 22nd in the Sprint Cup driver point standings