STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Stanley Dodge, is spending some time in the tree stand (deer hunting) this week to relax after a busy week in Talladega. Last week, Sadler was the first Richard Petty Motorsports driver to...
STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Stanley Dodge, is spending some time in the tree stand (deer hunting) this week to relax after a busy week in Talladega. Last week, Sadler was the first Richard Petty Motorsports driver to race a Ford in preparation for the full-time manufacturer switch to Ford in 2010, helped on a Habitat for Humanity build in Birmingham, Ala., and found out he and his wife Amanda are expecting a baby boy due in March 2010. The 34-year-old Emporia, Va. native is back in a Dodge Charger this week at Texas Motor Speedway and for the remainder of the 2009 season.
ON TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: "Texas is one of my favorite race tracks we visit. I've had success there in the past, so that probably helps when picking a favorite track. It's a fast race track and a lot of fun to really try and race people. Hopefully we can take our top-10 finish from last week and continue to built on that to finish the season out strong."
ON HAVING A BOY: "My wife and I found out last week that we're having a baby boy! Man, that's so exciting. That's really special to know that we can carry on the Sadler name. When we told my Dad he said he's going out to buy a go-kart and a shotgun. I told him that we have a little time for that stuff - you can't even race go-karts until you're about five years old. He told me that he knows all that, but it's never too early to get a head start."
* Sadler was the first RPM driver to race a Ford Fusion in anticipation of a full manufacturer switch for 2010. Sadler finished seventh in RPM's Ford debut.
* Collectively in 2009, RPM drivers have posted two wins, nine top-fives, 23 top-10s and have led 302 laps through the first 33 points races.
* Sadler has one win (2004), three top-10s (last 2005-2) and has led 148 laps in 15 starts at Texas Motor Speedway.
* Sadler participated in a Habitat for Humanity build in Birmingham last week on behalf of sponsor Stanley and partner Do it Best. The house was being built for Debbie and Jeremiah Perryman.
* Richard Petty's pink cowboy hat, Sadler's race used items - steering wheel, firesuit, gloves and shoes from the NASCAR Banking 500 at Lowe's Motor Speedway are all currently up for auction at www.SadlerFoundation.org. All proceeds from the auction will benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure to help fight breast cancer.
* Sadler's No. 19 Dodge always features two ribbons next to his name above the driver's side door--a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon in honor of his mother and a puzzle piece autism ribbon in honor of his niece.